For Todd and I's 10 year wedding anniversary we decided to splurge and go on a nice family vacation to Turks and Caicos. We stayed at the Beaches all inclusive resort, and I must say, it was worth every penny spent on the trip. We did just about everything and never sat down much. But most of all, we had some great family time with each other. We laughed, we played, we explored, and we enjoyed great food and entertainment in the middle of paradise. I am already wanting to go back! We had beautiful weather and really lucked out.
We took over 500 pictures and there are a lot to sort through, these are not in any particular order, but give a sense of all the fun things we did. However, this picture above makes Todd and I laugh. Even in paradise Drew can be Drew. He go go go and we realized that he wasn't eating too much during the day, and then boom - meltdown. After two days in a row of a 4-6pm melting down Drew, we realized he needed a solid snack around 4pm to get him to dinner time. After that.... he was all good :)
The kids did so many fun things, including one of their favorites was making cookies with cookie monster one afternoon. Super cute, and of course a big bonus is eating the cookies when you are done.
Our evenings were so nice. Gorgeous sunsets, amazing food, beautiful settings and views. Ahhh.
After dinner each night the kids could not wait to get to the kids area and get into the xbox 360 room I think Todd liked it as much as Drew and Hannah. We also played ping pong, air hockey, pool, and foosball each night. They loved it.
Just another evening before dinner. They were getting tired of us asking them to smile :)
Brave Hannah tried out the surf/ boogie board simulator. I think didn't she would try it, but she had a ton of fun. Drew did it as well, but I think he was just a little small for it. I was nervous watching him.
The kids loved the swim up bar in the pool. I think they each sucked down about 10 cokes a day and strawberry daiquiris to go with it. I kinda let anything fly on vacation, and they took full advantage of it. Once we got home they were in detox.
The water park was also a huge hit with the kids, and of course the lazy river was a hit too. Drew and Hannah both loved going down the slides and then taking a lap around the river.
Check out the amazing blue clear water behind Hannah. It was gorgeous. You would just watch the fish swimming around you and there were really no waves. The kids were able to paddle board, aqua cycle, sail, and kayak each day. Given it was September and low season at the resort, we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves. No lines, no waiting, no people. It was awesome.
More clear gorgeous water and skies.
Snorkeling was a favorite past time for all of us. We snorkeled over coral reefs each day. We all swam right over a barracuda. I didn't even see it, but I hear Drew yell "awesome" and then Todd looking at me to calmly swim faster and move forward. I read that as "swim like hell" and I did. Hannah and I started swimming as fast as we could out of the area. Beyond the barracuda, we saw some amazing parrot fish, grouper, angel fish, etc. We didn't see Nemo, and we looked hard. We did see some Dory's though :)
Overall, an amazing vacation and I can't say enough great things about the resort and all the fun we had together. Definitely a vacation to remember and I know the kids had as much fun as we did. Now we just need to find the time to go back one day :)
Sunday, October 5, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment