Monday, October 3, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday Drew!



Happy Birthday to my lil' Drew.  I can't believe my baby Drew is two already. I feel like it was just yesterday we were bringing him from the hospital, yet I cannot remember life without him. I love this little guy so much, I really can't think about his without a warm smile, and melted heart. He fills our house with so much laughter, joy, and warmth.  He is nothing short of wonderful, funny, handsome and just plain hilarious, to me, he is perfect.  If I could keep him in this stage forever I would. I love how he is starting to talk and says the cutest things, I love his really funny laugh, the silly faces he makes when he knows he is being funny, I love the way he and Hannah play together, I love his energy and enthusiasm for any type of ball.. have it tennis, baseball or his favorite football... this little guy is roaring to go on the sports fields when his time comes.   His activity level will always keep us on our toes, while exhausting, I find it endearing and fun because it makes him who he is. Willing to climb anything and everything, loving to jump off anything ( really anything - scary) and ability to find any un-child proofed object he can and take it for a test ride will always ensure we are watching out little drew at all times, and appreciate each day with him that we don't end up in an ER.   I love watching my Drew grow up, I can't wait to see what becomes of him. He has such a big personality, such will and determination, such coordination, and such a fun sense of humor and an awful lot of sweetness to go with it. I look forward to all the years ahead, to watch him grow into his own little person, explore life, and enjoy what it has to offer.  Here's to an awesome year 2 buddy... and many many more.   We love you!
XOXO,
Mom, Dad, Hannah & Murphy





 Friday was Drew's actual birthday. I took the day off to spend with him and Hannah and took them to the Dolphin show at the aquarium. Both Hannah and Drew loved playing hooky from school and spending a day with mom and dad.  Even better, Grandma and Grandpa made the trip to Atlanta to celebrate with us.   Drew got so excited when he walked downstairs to see all his gifts and Cars decorations.


Drew had been requesting a "Big Car Cake" this was the best we could do... thought it was pretty cute and he loved it. Even blew out the candle all by himself.


Here are our party goers, Luke, Blake, Joshua, Hannah and Drew. Fully sugared up from Pop Rocks, and a Car Piñata full of candy.


Grandma, Grandpa, Drew and Murphy, enjoying the brisk air outside before the party.


Here is a showcase of some of Drew's favorite birthday presents... Aunt Andrea's Gator uniform was a big hit in our house. Drew has worn his helmet everyday. He loves it, and of course loves to chomp and say "Go Gators".

 Drew still LOVES Toy Story, it is pretty much the only movie he will watch. Grandma and Grandpa got him Woody and Buzz PJ's, they are pretty adorable if you ask me. 

Drew has been asking us for a bike. He gets all upset when he sees Hannah riding a bike and he wants his own. Grandma and Grandpa got him this and he is just a lil bit too short for it, but he keeps trying to pedal along anyway. In a few months I am sure it will be perfect!

Thanks to everyone for making Drew's birthday so special!!! He loved the cards, presents, and all the special attention that went along with his big day. 

Happy Birthday Buddy!! XOXO

No comments: