This weekend was action packed, finally here at almost 9pm Sunday night, we sit down for the first time since Friday... phew... we are tired, but we had a ton of fun. Friday night Hannah and I went to the Disney Princess on Ice with her little friend from daycare and my friend Tamar with last minute tickets in the Newell Rubbermaid suite. Then, saturday night we were suppose to go to a friends house for dinner and they canceled because Holly our friend got "stuck"in Costa Rica on a work with a canceled flight. All the sudden we had a free Saturday, it was 82 degrees sunny and not a could in the sky.. and there was a listing on Facebook from the Gator alumni club listing 4 extra tickets to the florida auburn game.. it was meant to be.
We packed up the kids and the car, and headed south to Auburn, Alabama just under 2 hours away. The kids were pretty excited to go to their first football game, since this is what their dad talks about all the time... and they are already brain washed. Just as we were pulling into campus, we stopped at an ATM machine to get money for the tickets. I hear someone yelling, Erin.. Erin. I don't even bother to look up because I don't really expect to know anyone in Alabama who would be attending this game. Sure enough my co-worker that sits 2 offices down from me is pouring on my window in her Auburn gear with her friends all ready to tailgate. Made it kinda fun to run into someone I know.
We tailgated for a few hours when we got there, the kids loved running around, throwing back apple nice and pretzels watching all the tailgates. Drew did a not job of imitating all the fraternity boys with his plastic cup throwing his head back and chugging his juice. He was trying to keep up, and was about to drown by the time we went to the game. All the FL and Auburn fan around us called him "Little Tebow"
Todd and I went into this outing hoping we would at least make it thought one quarter of the game, we didn't know what to expect, especially given Drew doesn't sit down for more than 30 seconds for anything. The kids actually did great given we tailgated for a few hours, and they sat through the game until half time without budging from their seats. Drew's eyes were glued on the field, and Hannah yelled Go Gators quite a bit and of course, loved watching the cheerleaders and dance team.. oh and can't forget Albert and Alberta..they both loved. It was a success.. we all had fun and Todd and I both enjoyed getting to see Auburn University as well. Todd now refers to Auburn as "happy valley". We couldn't' get over how nice people were. We were driving in our car with his gator flags with the windows down and people walking around campus tailgating would say "hi, welcome to auburn, we hope you enjoy yourselves". Todd and I kept looking at each other like "did that really just happen?". I am pretty sure Buckeye fans just yelled profanity to visitors, definitely not welcomed them for the game. If our kids decided to go to Auburn one day, I would be happy to see them go.. it was pretty, people were friendly, clean, and they put on a great football game day!

No comments:
Post a Comment