This evening we walked down the beach to watch the sunset, I love Siesta Key sunsets. White sand, blue water, and a beautiful sun on it's way down as Hannah would say "time for the sun to go night night" We walked along the beach tonight, Hannah chased the birds again, we can't get her away from them. Drew watched everything go on around him, and on the walk back, right as the sun was setting, he was asleep in my arms in the Baby Bjorn. I think he loves the sounds of those waves.
I used to come here each spring break as a kid, spend time on the beach and visit my grandparents. I loved coming here, I loved the time with my family, and all our friends from Ohio that came as well. But, I never appreciated the beauty, and the memories my parents made for my brother and I until recently. As an adult, everything is different. You appreciate the beauty, the time away from work, and the time with your kids. It is fun to think back about the walks my dad and I took on the beach, the sand castles my brother and I made, how my mom always had bologne sandwiches and cheese puffs for the 24 car ride to Florida. She was always prepared.. car rides, packing everyone up, thinking of everything. I now know how much work that is. It is all the little things that make up the big things. I am so happy that Todd and I are in a place in our lives we can give our own kids the same experiences. I love watching Hannah play on the beach, laugh in the pool and eat ice cream cones in the sun. I love watching Drew feel sand for the first time. I love that they will grow up one day, and hopefully have memories of their own.. and create new ones for their own families one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment