Monday, April 19, 2010

Siesta Key by Day ( Day 2)


Today was an awesome day! As I was on the phone with my dad this morning telling him it had been raining for two days and the weather caster saying it was suppose to rain all day today.. I was a little bummed... but then, I saw a streak of clear blue sky, with some sunshine... and a flock of vacationers scurrying for lawn chairs, I had a glimpse of hope. Not only did we have sunshine, but our vacation wish came true. Little Drew man slept in his carseat under and umbrella on the beach. This meant there wasn't any wasted time indoors due to nap time. 6 hours on the beach today, Drew slept for 4 of them, love that little guy. The waves and cool breeze put him right to sleep.


And when he wasn't sleeping, he was having his fair share of fun in the sun. Played with Hannah's goggles, chewed on toys, buried his feet in the sand, and wouldn't you know it... Drew ate his very first ( I am sure not his last) fist full of sand. In fact his drool contained sand for the rest of the day. He splashed in the pool too... Drew loved the beach, we loved that he loved the beach.


This was the best picture I could get of Hannah on the beach today. She is WAY to busy to stop for a picture anymore. We were really thankful she met little friends Sami and Remi to play with. Hannah and I were on a walk collecting shells when Sami said "hey you, wanna play in my quick sand"... and from there, we were free from entertaining Hannah for the next two hours.

Like I said, today was awesome. Sunshine, waves, Drew sleeping, Hannah entertained. Mom and Dad chilled out on lawn chairs on the beach. Love it.




No comments: