It started like this, a few weeks ago Hannah stayed home from school. Mom and Hannah made cut out sugar cookies with a ghost cookie cutter. Supplies to decorate with white and black icing for eyes. The cookies, of course, were a little sticky when trying to get them out of the ghost cookie cutter. In turn, many of them really looked like little bunnies rather than ghosts. So, our little creative mind, began to call all ghosts through the halloween season, "Ghost Bunnies". The name stuck, and I personally liked it.
And then, all the sudden this morning, I became "that mom". The Mom that was so proud she ran up the stairs to get Dad out of the shower to show him his daughter's first masterpiece. It was a milestone I won't ever forget, the first time we actually knew what Hannah was drawing. It was only this summer she would draw a straight line on the driveway in chalk and call is a Dora or Murphy, as if we could see right through that straight line into her mind to understand what she was drawing. Today, we knew... I said "Hannah, what are you drawing?" As I watched with excitement for each eye and foot on the paper knowing what she was going to say. "Mommy" she says, "It is a Ghost Bunny". I almost cried.. we have an artist in the house!
It was then I knew her masterpiece would be hung on the fridge, and perhaps even framed in her room one day. I am amazed of how quickly she becomes someone else each day. Once you recover from one milestone, another milestone takes its place. Everyday is an adventure.
2 comments:
I am so impressed! Yeah for Hannah!!
Better than her Aunt Andrea could do! I didn't get that gene.
Post a Comment