It's true, I can hardly believe it myself. Our little man turned one month old today. One minute I feel like he was born yesterday, as we are still getting to know eachother and understand one another. The next minute I don't remember what life was like with out him ( except it being quieter and less hectic). So far Drew has been a good baby. He sleeps well, eats well, and has so many amazing expressions and emotions on his face you could stare at him for hours. This week I like to say Drew has "woke" up a little bit. Days have become a little harder for Mom. A lot less R&R, and a lot more walking around the house holding him saying "shhhh". This week Drew likes to be held, and moving. The Baby Bjorn has become my life saver as he likes constant motion, but does not like the swing. I keep trying... but he gives me the thumbs down each time. I will give the swing a few more weeks, then it might go into retirement.. which in turn is nice because it is one less large plastic piece of baby equipment taking over our family room.
I tried to weigh Drew today with me getting on and off the scale with him. I am thinking he is right around 10.5 lbs, not to be exact, give or take a few ounces. He is getting bigger each day, with a few outfits that are already too small. So much for 0-3 month sizing. I think they should make baby sizes 0-6weeks then 6-12 weeks. Hmmm, maybe that is an idea that will make me rich?
And so far, he still has has full head of dark hair. However, sad to report each time I wash his sheets, I do find a little dark round circle of hair where his head lays when he sleeps. It is just a matter of time, we will call him patchy, like his sister at this age. A tuft here, a tuft there. His eyes are still blue, but turning a little more grey each day. I am thinking brown eyes are in his future.
His schedule ( or there lack of) is going really well. As the saying goes, "God only gives you in life what you can handle". Well he knew we couldn't handle much. He has been sleeping great at night, gets up twice to eat and goes right back down to sleep. I want to shout from the roof tops - "thank you"! I feel as well rested as a mom of a newborn possibly can. With Hannah I think I was slurring words on a daily basis from lack of sleep, with Drew.. we are good to go. I only have taken one nap since he was born. Not bad!
The other things we know about Drew after one month... he is "so so" on pacifiers, he could take it or leave it. He does not like diaper changes, oddly enough, he doesn't like dirty diapers either, so one would think he would welcome the new nice dry diaper? He does seem to like baths, and doesn't mind the carseat. His favorite position to be held is upright, over your shoulder. He always puts his arm across your shoulder and rests his chin across his wrist and forearm, I personally find it adorable. Not to be forgotten, our little buddy gets the hiccups at precisely 9:15pm each night. And that is what we know about him today.
The rest, is filled with wonder. I can't help to look at him and think so many things. Will he be funny or serious? Will he like sports or science? Math or Art? ( We know big sister Hannah likes art, taking after Dad) Will he be a Gator or a Buckeye? So much to think about :) It is fun getting to know him more and more each day. Newborns are so precious, and knowing the cuddles only last so long, we are soaking up each and every one.
After one month of getting to know our little miracle, or as Hannah calls him " Baby Dew" ( her R's aren't so good), we think he is a keeper. Happy 1 Month Drew! Only 17 years and 11 months until you are free from your crazy parents!! We love you buddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment