"Baby Drew" Somehow the name has stuck. Before his arrival, we always referred to him to Hannah as "baby" Drew, not just Drew. I am not sure why, if we were just calling attention to a baby on the way, but somehow the name has stuck, with our friends, with our family, with us. I don't know a time we have called him "Drew". I keep laughing when we say things around the house like "Have you fed Baby Drew?", Or "Is Baby Drew awake?". Someday he will outgrow this I am sure. I can't imagine him going off to college as Baby Drew. For now though, it works.
Drew is 6 weeks old now and doing really well. He eats like champ, sleeps like a champ.. and has started to smile and coo. He does however have his fussy moments. Fussy moments occur pretty much nightly between 6-10pm. Wanna come over to our house for dinner? Kidding.. that wouldn't be fun for anyone right now. We aren't sure if he gets over tired, bored or what... but he has his moments, like all babies do. He likes constant motion and wants to be held all the time. I thought I learned my lesson with that when Hannah was a baby, but apparently not. He does get held a lot, because it is better than the alternative... lots of crying. Regardless of the fussy moments, we love the little guy to pieces. He has a sweet smile, and is a great snuggler. You just can't resist.
The picture above is from today, we went to the park with Baby Drew and Hannah. It was nice to get outside before the really cold hits. It was sunny and upper 40's/50 today. That is good for MN in Novemeber. We will enjoy what we can while we can.
No comments:
Post a Comment