Monday, November 30, 2009

Drew is 2 Months Old Today!



Our little buddy is two months old day, look at him! He is growing up so much, he is such a big boy. His 2 month check up is tomorrow, so we will get a weight check for him with an update then. I tried to get on the scale with him today, and it was telling me he was 13 lbs.... what? 13 lbs, hmm, he may be that big, but I am going to wait for the official check with the Dr tomorrow.

Baby Drew keeps up busy. If I had one word to describe him, it would be a little "fussy". Our content little baby has turned on us. Drew does not seem to like pacifiers, the little gym playmat, the bouncy seat or the swing. However, he does like to be held in your arms while you are walking around... all the time.. and he does still seem to like the Baby Bjorn which continues to be my lifesaver. He also does love his big sister Hannah. He smiles when she sings to him and kisses his head. It is quite sweet to see them together. His sleeping habits may have turned on us a bit as well. He goes to bed around 8-8:30pm at night, and gets up around 2:30-3:o0am for a good 2 hour play session. He is wide awake and wants to play. Not what I had in mind at 3am, but I like to think this is a stage and will pass.. at least I am hopeful of that. He does go back to sleep around 4am until 6 or 7am. I just need those few hours back between 2-4am... help!

While Drew is a little fussy, and his sleeping habits are becoming a little more challenging, we do love the little guy. He smiles, coos, and is a champ at snuggling. We love that he does seem to be more independent about going to bed at night than his sister was. He does not like to be rocked, or snuggled at night to fall asleep. He likes to eat his bottle, go in his crib wide awake and watch his aquarium. That works for us! Hopefully the independence will pay off later. While are are lacking some quiet and sleep around the house lately, we are enjoying his smiles and innocence. At the end of the night, when I go up to his room to give him his last bottle, I stare at all his little features. I look at his perfectly thick eye lashes that I am quite jealous us, his big blue eyes, his perfect nose, his big round cheeks, chubby little legs and his little tiny fingers. I know this stage doesn't last for very long, I cherish every moment and remind myself of how lucky we are to have a beautiful, healthy little baby boy.

Happy 2 Months Drew!!

No comments: