Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's staring to look a lot like Christmas


There isn't snow on the ground, we went Christmas Tree shopping in flip flops, and Drew is wearing shorts, but... it is still feeling like Christmas. We finally got the tree up tonight after a really busy weekend and a lot of hard work trying to decorate our new home.   The kids are excited, we are excited.... we are a final countdown with the advent calendar, and mostly important, the elf is on the shelf.  The kids did a great job decorating the tree, and Dad did a great job of working on the lights on the outside. 


It was too hard to get a picture of everything, we indeed.. this year we went all out and bought an animated light up deer for our yard, never thought I would be a proud owner of animated yard decor, but we do live in the south now... so totally appropriate.

We are excited for our first Christmas in Atlanta  in our new home. We are finally starting to put some personal touches on the house and it is feeling more and more like home each day. I was driving to work on Friday morning and realized it was one year ago this very weekend I came to Altanta for interviews, then realized it was 13 years ago this very same weekend I was in Mpls for interviews at Target.  As I sat in Atlanta traffic, I looked around and saw the sun shining, tall pine trees and realized it is all going to be ok. The night before I had drinks with a new girl friend that I adore, over the weekend I ran into people we knew at Home Depot and Target, which felt comforting that I am now "running into people" out and about not feeling I like don't know anyone here. Saturday night we were able to have dinner with my best friend from high school and her family that were in town passing through and today.. we spent the day getting ready for Christmas and met  up with the Jarrett family at church for sleigh rides, reindeer visits, smores and a petting zoo. We are busier than we have ever been, in a good way, and enjoying life.  Sometimes, taking chances in life are worth it. There is a lot of fun in meeting new friends, catching up with old friends, and experiencing a little bit of the south each day.   What a difference a year makes...

No comments: