Sunday, March 22, 2015

Mt Bethel Soccer Spring 2015!



Season opener yesterday! This year we have the Pink Phiranas and the Black Panthers!  Hannah played an awesome game yesterday. She loves defense and played full back the entire game. She was aggressive, hustled and didn't let any balls past her. I was so proud of her. She has improved so much since last year. It was a really fun game to watch!


Here she is doing a throw in.


I didn't have the best angle for pictures as we were sitting behind the goal.. next game I will get better action shots. The Phirana's won the game yesterday, they are a good little team!


And then there is Drew. He is on the black panthers this season playing up a level on the K-1st grade team. I might have fibbed a little about his age at registration. There is not way he could play with new little 4-5 year old this year, I would be scared for those kids. Drew did amazing. Even being the youngest by almost 2 years with some of the kids he didn't show his age. He was one of the best players out there and dominated the field.


He had a good breakaway at one point and I think his eyes got bigger than the goal. One on one with the goalie and he put everything he had into trying to score, he ended up kicking a huge kick that went over the goal post. A few inches lower and it would had been awesome.



While Drew begs to play goalie so he can dive on the ball, he generally has always played offense. He is a fast little runner and will do everything he can to get that ball to the goal.  I am so excited for the season ahead. I love watching both kids play soccer, selfishly... i hope they continue through the years as it may be more fun for me than them!



No comments: