Ahhh, our annual Siesta Key spring break vacation. We had perfect weather, perfect setting and awesome family time.
What is more fun than hanging out with the Easter bunny pool side on Easter morning. There was an Easter egg hunt for the kids, but Hannah and Drew were too cool to participate. I did manage to get their picture with the big bunny though. The kids got sand buckets, paddle ball boards, and candy for Easter. Hannah got some earrings and a magic eight ball she wanted, and Drew got a little lego set. Later in the week Hannah told me she thinks I am the Easter Bunny because I am the only one who knew she wanted earrings and a magic eight ball. I assured her I was not a big white furry bunny :)
Throughout the week we did a whole lot of nothing, but some how it all seemed exhausting. The kids built sand castles, jumped waves, played in the water and swam in the pool. I even managed to get the kids to attend yoga with me one morning beach side, it was pretty cute.
We went on our 2nd annual putt putt golf outing. It is a big pirate ship and you can feed alligators with a fishing pole. I think they like feeding the gators as much as the putt putt.
After putt putt we headed over the Marina Jacks to watch with envy all the yachts and boats in the marina. Gorgeous scenery and views.
Todd and the kids wishing we owned the boat that is behind then. The owner of the boat was from Columbus, Ohio. I kept trying to sneak and peak and give them the ol'e OH-IO to make friends with them, but no luck.
There were Buckeyes everywhere. We were surrounded by everyone wearing Dayton Flyers clothes, Buckeye gear and Alter Highschool stuff. Ohio loves Siesta Key. By the way, Hannah picked this hat out when we were shopping one evening and became her new favorite fashion accessory. I couldn't get her to stop wearing it!
My personal favorite... we paddle boarded quite a bit! After Turks and Caicos I finally got my bearings and figured out how to balance. I was even able to take on some pretty big waves and not fall. The kids loved it as Todd and I would pretty much give them rides more than anything.
We got a visit for Ashley on my birthday and Easter on her way back from Venice. The kids had fun playing with her and we are glad we got to spend some time with her!! Thanks for the visit!
We actually have a family picture with all 4 of us! Usually we are in 3's as one of us is taking the picture. Ashley helped be our photographer.
Lets review Drew's favorite nightly past time. #1. Chasing the four wheeler than picks up all the chairs at the end of the night. After the four wheeler got by and smoothes the sand, Drew then uses the flat surfaces sand as a running track and asks us to time him while he races himself. I get tired just watching him.
And if Drew is lucky, he will find some older boys playing a baseball game and just jump right in, regardless if he knows them or if they want him there. Drew doesn't care... the boy wants to play ball and will join any game he can. One of the dads of the kids was pitching and after Drew crushed a few the dad said Whoa... I am going to keep pitching and see what you are made of. It was pretty cute.
Hannah's favorite thing to do on the beach, morning, noon, and night was the play paddle ball. She woke up asking to play paddle ball, and before she went to bed at night she would ask if someone would play paddle ball with her when she got up in the morning. If there was a college sport for paddle ball, I would get her in training!
The other evenings, well, I have these kids trained pretty well. We would eat dinner and they would ask "is it picture time yet"? There may had been some ice cream bribery involved...
Me and my little sweet heart..
Yup, after he stalks the drivers that pick up the chairs long enough they eventually ask him if he wants to sit on it. Drew loves himself a good ATV.
Drew's 5 year old senior high school picture. He cracks me up.
We try to get this same photo every year, and each year it is harder and harder to get them to sit still and smile. What happened to those days you could plop a 1 and 3 year old in the sand and do something silly while they giggle.. I already miss those days for so many reasons.
I just love this picture. So sweet, so cute. This one is going in a frame in my office!
No, I did not ask them to pose and do this... all them. They wanted to sit there and watch the sunset, then got the giggles and ran off.
Our last day on the beach Todd and I realized we should had gone beach shopping at the beginning of the week, not the night before the last full day in the sun. Hannah had picked out a volley ball and Drew picked out a skim board that he had watched all the "older" boys ( 8-10 yr olds) use all week. Hannah and mostly Drew were determined to "skim" the waves and after Drew gave 120% to figuring it out, we knew he would be one tired boy at night.
Here he is, skimming those waves after a lot of failed attempts and hilarious wipe outs. I tried it myself and it is hard, I wiped out a few times while the beach goers laughed at me. I like to think I will try anything at least once, no matter how old I am. I can still be a kid at heart :)
Finally, my favorite part of vacation, sunset. So peaceful, relaxing and enjoying. My favorite time on the beach with the kids while they run around and have fun. My favorite time to wind down from the day. Pure heaven on earth.
After 4 beaches in the last 30 days, I am beat. Seaside, Puerta Vallarta, Boca Raton, and Siesta Key... I like to say I am filled with beach happiness for a little while now. I am now starving for some quiet down time at home between spring soccer and baseball games. 3 work trips to go in the next 3 weeks and I think I will finally be able to stay put for a little while!! While life is chaotic, busy and I don't know which way is up most days, I wouldn't have it any other way. I always say we work hard and play hard, which is the only way I know how to make it all work. I loved our week with just the 4 of us most of the time. The kids made us laugh so hard and we all had so much fun together. I am so so so lucky to have to have the life I do. So lucky.


No comments:
Post a Comment