Happy New Year 2014!
This morning I looked over the blog from this last year and am in awe of how lucky we are as a family. I need to keep looking at the pictures, and the words written, to remind myself each and every day to thank God for the blessed life we live. I do, I feel lucky, I feel happy, and feel like each and everything I ever wanted in life is here in the present. We have two of the most amazing kids I have even seen. They are generous, beautiful, handsome, funny, smart, silly, sassy, and spiteful too. All part of being kids. They make us laugh, they make us cry, they let us experience such joy, warmth and love in our home, each and every day. I love my family. I have a wonderful husband, father and friend, my children, and even my little cuddle dog Murphy. We make a great team.
They kids have grown up a lot this year, as they do every year. Hannah is turning into the biggest sweet heart you have ever met. Her gentle demeanor, her kindness, and silliness, and her sweetness is something I admire. I love when her teacher tells me “ Hannah is liked by everyone, she is nice to everyone and anyone that needs a hug, she is great little friend to all her classmates.” And truly, that is the spirit of Hannah. She doesn’t choose sides, she doesn’t involve herself in clicks, she truly is genuine in being nice to everyone and is always there to be a friend to anyone that needs one. I love that about her. Hannah is such a sweet little girl. She LOVES “her” dog Murphy and makes special Murphy time every single night before she goes to bed rubbing his belly and playing with him. She loves to play tennis, swim, and play softball with her little friends. And most of all, she loves little arts and crafts. Anything that is “make your own – fill in the blank” she loves it. She is turning 7 in a week and her birthday party is this weekend. She is having a “spa and salon” party at our house which she couldn’t be more excited about. We hope she has a wonderful time, and more importantly, a great year ahead.
Drew. Drew. Drew. This little guy, my little buddy, makes me laugh so hard every day. He is all comedian, all energy, and just full of spite and is more willful than any little boy I have ever met. I love this little guy. He is so handsome (I know I am biased), so funny, and so smart. He is 4 years old going on 8. He knows all the words to the latest Kids Bop songs, all the dance moves in teen beach movie, and can dance like no other. The boy has moves. Drew loves baseball, and will play soccer this spring. I know he looks forward to the day he can play football, although I will hold off as long as possible on that one. Drew can be gentle loving and kind when he wants to be, but he can also be a 4 year old little terror too. He has a passion for monster trucks, motorcylces, and anything camoflauge lately. I think growing up in the south is right up his alley. Give him a big red truck, and camoflauge hat, and a football, and he is the happiest little thing you have ever seen
The rest of this last year has been a blur. A big blur. Todd and I work hard, and play hard. We work A LOT. But we play A LOT too. Our weekdays are insane. Up at 5:30am, on the go until we go to sleep at 11pm for me and about 1am for Todd. The hours in between are filled with work, kids, work, kids, work, kids and more work and kids. We juggle the balance between work emails and deadlines, and family time, and I know I have a lot of opportunity to improve in that area. I like to think I am queen of multi-tasking, but the reality is I am horrible at it. In 2014 I need to focus on not multi-tasking and being in the present with my family. I need to really listen, not just nod when I am in the middle of replying to emails in the evenings. I need to focus on what is important, and know hitting reply can wait until they go to sleep. Our weekends and free time are spent on sports fields, at neighbors houses, our house with neighbors, and enjoying our coveted family vacations too. I can only hope that 2014 brings a little more balance to life between work and family. And, if it doesn’t, then help me with the strength to find the balance and make it happen. Know what to give up, and what to give into. Live my priorities, and always, always put my family first.
Happy New Year everyone! May 2014 be safe, healthy, happy and fun for everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment