This weekend Hannah and I had a really special weekend flying back to Minneapolis to wish Eleanor a very Happy 5th Birthday. It was an absolutely fun filled, action packed weekend of giggles, screams, laughter and candy consumption. It all goes without saying, the girls had a wonderful time together.
The weekend started with Hannah, Eleanor, Kim and I at my favorite hangout from Mpls, Pepitos. We had a lot of great memories there over the years, I couldn't help but to go back, enjoy some chips and salsa and see the ole neighborhood. From there, we hit the candy shop... in retrospect probably a bad idea, but the saying " their like kids in a candy shop" held true. We went the the "anything goes" attitude for the weekend, which seemed to consist of a lot of sugar and left the girls staying up until almost midnight Friday night.
On Saturday, the birthday plans of the swimming pool didn't work out with the weather, so what else to do on girls weekend other than pedicures, manicures, movies, pizza and cake..... We didn't need to pool after all. We got our nails done, saw the movie Cars 2 and then went back to Kim and Jason's house for cake and ice cream. Kim out did herself and bought the girls "noise putty" which makes a "tooting" sound when you put your hand in it. As you can see, the girls ( and parents) thought this was hilarious as well all got a good laugh for over an hour. It was really fun to watch these girls laugh hysterically... too cute.
Another day of uncooperative weather, we headed to Mall of America for some rides and lunch. Brave Eleanor convinced Hannah to go on a big rollercoaster. She was super scared but did great. At the end of the day she said she wanted to go back on but we ran out of time. And wouldn't you know it, I dropped her off at school today and the first thing she did was run up to her friends and tell them about the big rollercoaster she went on :)
The weekend was wonderful. I loved being able to spend time with Eleanor, Kim, Jason and Ben, and of course have some special time with Hannah too. I was great to catch up with Patti, see friends and just have plain old fun. Life has been so busy and crazy since we moved. Starting new jobs, adjusting to a new city, buying a house, getting settled, there never seems to be a dull moment. We are exhausted and have not made enough time to have fun. This weekend was exactly what Hannah and I both needed.
I love that we have friends that we miss so much. It just means that we are so lucky to have them in our lives, as those kind of friendships are hard to come by in life. We miss you guys, we love you and can't wait to see "ya'll" again real soon.
Thanks for a wonderful weekend and all the laughs that went along with it!
No comments:
Post a Comment