Sunday, June 5, 2011

Picture-less fun

We have been so busy here, and having so much fun, I keep forgetting to get my camera out to capture it all. Not to mention the fact that Drew is so busy that I can't keep him out of my sight for more than 10 seconds to even have the time to take a picture these days.

This weekend was wonderful, and one of the first weekends here since we moved to Atlanta, that is started to feel a little more like home. Friday night we went to the neighborhood pool, where half the neighborhood was there BBQ-ing, drinking and swimming. The 5 seconds Drew was out of my sight, he was chugging someone's beer. Not good. Eagle eyes at all times on him.
Saturday, we had more fun at the pool and then went to a party with work friends at night. It was great to get out and socialize a little with everyone, while Hannah and Drew had a babysitter, a teacher from school. I think they had a great time and were still up at 9:45pm when we got home... not what I had in mind, but they had fun.

And today, back to the pool, and we had one of Todd's college friends that live here in Buckhead over to the house then the pool and BBQ-ed there and swam with the kids. It was a great time, and Hannah and Drew had so much fun with their kids Preston and Elizabeth. They hit it off right away!

And to our surprise, Hannah turned into a little fish today. When we were in FL, she wouldn't even put her head under water. Last week she would dunk her head for about a milla-second after a lot of coercing. This morning at Target I bought Hannah a new pair of Hello Kitty goggles thinking that would convince her to see underwater... and who knew... little Hannah was swimming tonight. Head under water, paddling her way through the pool, jumping for balls and swimming for sticks and hoops in the pool. If you would had asked me last week, I would had "hoped" by August she would be doing that from the point she was at... but a few days later and we have a little fish. She was really proud of herself, it was really cute and we were really proud of her too. I think the pool is going to be so much more fun to her now. She didn't want to leave tonight so she could keep "practicing" her swimming. That's my girl!

No comments: