Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Drew is 6 Months Old!



Will you look at this guy.. this really chubby, adorable little guy?? Each day I look at him and all I can wonder is how I of all people got so lucky to be blessed with this amazingly happy, adorable, fun loving little guy... my "Baby Drew".

Drew really is an amazing baby, I love this little guy, I can't get enough of him. His smile is contagious, inspiring, and inviting to everyone he meets. He doesn't stop smiling. Seriously... he smiles, and giggles, and smiles, and giggles... all day long. He is the recipe for happiness.

He is a typical healthy, happy and strong 6 month old. He is sitting up, rolling around, scooting backwards in his first attempts to crawl... and is a pretty big fan of bananas and sweet potatoes, however is not in love with mixed vegetables ( who can blame him?). I am guessing he is weighing in around 18lbs now, but his 6 months check up is next week, more to come then. Drew puts everything in his mouth as all babies do, no major sign of his teeth arriving anytime soon, however he is a drooler... we have stocked up on bibs. Drew continues to love his big sister, as no one can get him laughing like she does, and wouldn't you know it, Drew gets a pretty good kick out of Murphy these days too.

This last 6 months have flown bye. I have no idea where the time has gone, except that I know I have been REALLY busy keeping up with two little ones at home, and managing a full time job. Each day I continue to give 110% to make each day count, but feel like it still isn't enough. Home, work, life, kids = exhaustion. Each day when I feel like I don't have any more to give and might just lose it all together, I take a look at my family and realize they are the ones that are giving me everything I need in life. Unconditional love, smiles, laughter and perspective to what really matters. I often wonder if I am deserving of the wonderful family that I have. I've recently realized in life it isn't worth complaining about how much you give as a parent, and how exhausting it is... because what you get in return is priceless.

Happy 6 Months Drew! I can't believe you have been with us this long, yet I don't remember life without you! We love you little buddy. You light up our world, and fill our house with so many smiles. Your crystal blue eyes, your wide open smile... you melt our hearts.



1 comment:

The Jarrett Family said...

Happy 1/2 year birthday Drew!! You are such an adorable little fella!