Friday, June 24, 2016

Spring Sports Continued....


There is no question I am way behind on this blog. A little over 2 months to be exact.  I have zero free time, zero. Todd and I go to work, and either run home to change clothes to get to fields, or go directly to soccer and baseball fields.  After practices and games, we end up eating dinner sometime between 8-9pm, then get the kids showered and cleaned up for bed. Todd and I end up finally getting to bed around 11am each night completely exhausted, ready to do it all over again the next day. That being said, I wouldn't have it any other way.  For the life of me, I really have no idea what I did before kids, or how the words "I'm tired" ever came out of my mouth with real meaning.  I have now been tired for 9 and a half years, but wouldn't have it any other way.



This picture was from the weekend before Memorial Day weekend. Hannah's team won the Nasa Friensdhip cup!  These girls played their hearts out. Each game was a battle and they gave it their all. Game 1 was a 1-1 tie. Game 2 was a 2-2 tie, and Game 3 was a 3-2 win. They made the finals and won 2-1. Each and every game was so equally played it could had gone either way. In the finals they beat a team that came all the way from Nashville, TN. The girls were winning 2-1 and they put Hannah in goalie the last 10 minutes of the game. Hannah is a pretty good little goalie and one of the better ones on the team. They tend to put her in their when they need her. Parents worst nightmare, 2 minutes until the game is over, and a kid on our team gets a hand ball in the penalty box. Hannah was in goal, and the other team had a penalty kick to possibly tie up the game and put us in overtime.  I had to turn my head and not watch. I was a nervous mom.  Wouldn't you know it, the opponent kicked a line drive and little Hannah blocked up partly with her hands and partly with his face :(. The ball bounced out and the other team had a mother shot on goal, Hannah went for it and saved it again. Phew! I was so proud of her and how tough she was.  All the girls came running and hugging Hannah which made her feel so good and confident.

 Hannah wore her medal around her neck for the rest of the day. I was a proud momma.   She was so cute, I asked her if she was nervous for the penalty kick, she told me "no, I knew I would save it". That's my girl.   We were all so happy the girls ended the season on a happy note! Next season the US soccer association has changed the leagues to birth year so half her team plays 11U and the other half plays 10U. Hannah tried out again for next years team and made it. She was really happy and excited to be able to play with most of her little friends again.



And here is out little NY Yankee.  # 10 on the field, and #1 in my heart.  The Yankees had a rougher season than we would had liked, but once again, Drew loved it and made some new little friends and that is all that matters.   Drew ended up playing short stop, pitcher and once in awhile 3rd base this  last  season.  The Yankees started off good, and lost some of their spark as the season went off. The lost in the play offs pretty early on. Here are a few action shots that I love. Drew throwing the ball from a sitting position making a play to first base.


This kids LOVES to slide into base. I mean, loves it. He can hit a home run, and will still slide into home plate with no one around. The dirtier he has after the game, the happier he is. I mean what 6 year old doesn't love to play in the dirt?

This was one of Drew's best and coolest catches of the season against the White Sox. Check him out, love his spirit and spunk out there.  One of the things I absolutely love about watching Drew play baseball or any sport for that matter is that he always give 110% no matter what  ( unless he is sick, then it is about 20% rightfully so).  He always try his hardest, hustles and learn from his mistakes. He even looked at the  picture below of his swing and told me his shoulder was too low and that causes him to hit pop ups.  He has a lot of potential if he sticks with it and continues to love this game.


Post season Drew tried out for the All Starts Tournament team. In Drew fashion, he made the A team, East Side Thunder, and will be spending his summer on baseball fields in Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi! Go Drew!





No comments: