Friday, June 24, 2016

Lake Hartwell June 2016

 There isn't much better than lazy days at the lake during the summer. As Drew calls it his "happy place". I'd like the think it is all our happy place. I love that the hustle and bustle of life can stand still for awhile and you can sit back and relax, laugh, lounge and have some fun. A few weekends ago the Jaillets invited us to their lake house on Lake Hartwell for a fun filled weekend of laughs and water.  and indeed that is what we did.


The kids did a lot of tubing, I mean a lot. I am pretty sure they were sore the following week from hanging on for dear life. They love it though, and it is hilarious to be on the back of the boat watching them. I think I see more smiles from them in 5 minutes tubing than I do in a week's time. They are both pretty courageous and don't seem to fear the bumpy waves and high speed turns.

 Friends for a few years now, here is Lila and Hannah tubing their little hearts out. I am pretty sure they get more tubing and playing time on the lake than anyone as they beg from sun rise to sun down to get on the tubes.


When they are not tubing they are often playing "wipe out" off the dock by setting up a bunch up tubes tied together and running on top of them making an obstacle course. Those are pretty funny wipe outs too!


Here is little Drew popping right up on water skis. He is fearless and made it up each time he tried, now we just need to get him to hang on a little longer. He averages about 50ft or so then has a tendency to lean back and fall.  I am proud of him for trying and getting up on the skis. I think I was at least 13 until I figured it out and it took me a whole weekend on Lake Cumberland to get up and going.

I don't know why this picture cracks me up a  little bit. The girls and Drew... He is being a little punk but it is funny. They all love the triple tube so they can stand up and switch seats along the way.


This part was the most fun. Two tubes tied on the back of the boat and they ultimately played a whole lot of bumper cars. They were going from side to side hitting big waves bouncing off of each other laughing hysterically.   The parents laughed even harder just watching them. Too cute!!!


And finally some morning and evening down time. Peach, quiet, serenity and the paddle board. I am pretty impressed all the kids are good paddle boarders and no one ever fell off. Not in this picture but the Jaillets dog Coco went paddle boarding too with the kids and Susan. It was really cute.
After a good lake weekend it is always hard to get back to reality. If it were up to me, I would move to a lake when I retire and enjoy every minute of it.   The kids just love it there. They love to fish, tube, ski, paddle board, jet ski... so much fun. I think they would rather do a lake vacation than any other kind of vacation there is.   We are so thankful for the Jaillets inviting us and letting us share the fun with them. We are so lucky to have good friends.

No comments: