It's New Year's Eve, I'm sitting at my desk hardly working with a list a mile long in my head thinking of so many things. I often joke with my friends at work that are single and with out kids that I spend more time at work thinking about home, and more time at home thinking about work than I should. It's like my mind is air traffic control on so many levels balancing power point presentations, spreadsheets, work travel, grocery list, kids activity schedules, and social schedules that I hardly ever know what day it is. But somehow, as crazed as Todd and I are, as busy as our lives are, and as much as we "complain" about how we never have a second to ourselves and rarely get to sit down .... if I dig deep, I would finally admit that I wouldn't change it for the world. We are blessed on so many levels, in so many ways, I feel lucky to have the amazing family and life that I do.
With the New Year presenting itself tomorrow, as always, I feel compelled to set priorities with clear intentions for 2013. I love lists and goals, I love it full of to do's, and I love scratching those to do's off that list and making a new list. I can't help myself, and I think after 8 years of marriage, Todd has finally accepted this is who I am :) The thing is though, each year the "big" list in our family has consistently evolved into what matters in life rather than projects, career accomplishments and things. It's turned into truly making the most out of life, embracing our time together and being better parents, friends, and people. Moving to Atlanta has been an amazing life changing experience for us for personally and professionally. We had to get out of our comfort zones more so now than the last 8 years combined. We have met so many new friends, welcomed new challenges, and embraced the outdoors and more active lifestyle 12 months out of the year here. We are so happy we moved here and couldn't be happier. ( minus missing our dear MN friends, we wish you were here with us!)
2012 was such a fun year with Hannah and Drew. They changed so much over this last year, even though I know I can pretty much hold that sentence to truth each and every year here after, but truly, what a roller coaster they have been this last year. Hannah will be turning 6 next week. She will be 6 going on 13. She is such a sweet, caring, gently soul, but when she wants to bring out the attitude, she surely finds a way to make it happen. Who knew that eye rolling, sticking out the tongue with the hands on the hips started at the age of 5? No one told me this, no one. Amused as we are with her little teenage tactics, for the most part, she is a wonderful sweet little girl. I love my little Hannah. She has a strong big heart, adorable smile, and funny animated yet shy personality. If I were to guess what life has in store for her, I would definitely make the call she will be a teacher or even more specifically an "art" teacher . She LOVES to play teacher, sets up all her little stuffed animals and presents her lesson plans. More than anything, she loves her art. She can sit at the kitchen table all day if you let her doing nothing but coloring, gluing, drawing and painting art. She is geting pretty good. She still loves ballet and tennis, and enjoys playing with her little neighborhood friends. Hannah is a happy little girl, we can't wait to see how she grows over this next year.
Drew... I think my description of Drew is similiar to last year. He is who he is. He is rambunctious, energetic, willful, athletic, spiteful, active, aggressive, fearless, funny and yet... loves to cuddle and still won't go to bed with out all his mommy and daddy cuddles at night, because of course " there are monsters in his room". I love my little Drew, my little boo boo. But man, he is tough, he is challenging, and he is a lot to keep up with. I love when people look at Drew and just say " oh, he is just a little boy with a lot of energy" and then within the hour, they will follow up with "wow, not sure how you deal with that all day" or "is he always like this?" And my answer is generally, "yes, he is always like this, and I don't know how I deal with it all day either" I do know or a fact I drink a lot more than I used to, but not sure if that is an appropriate answer or not? Drew is challenging and spirited, he is funny as heck, and coordinated beyond imagination for a 3 year old. Drew is 3 going on 5, he is determined and on a daily basis asks if he can play baseball, soccer, football, and tennis "when he grows up". I am pretty sure we will let Drew play just about anything as long as their is energy exertion potential in the sport. In all honesty though, again, I wouldn't change Drew for the world. His personality and spirit keeps us on our toes and makes us laugh so much on a daily basis. He says the most hilarious things. He is a smart little boy, and I think as long as he can put his energy in the right direction, his potential is limitless. My career guess for him is that he is going to Ohio State on full football scholarship, then maybe onto being a comedian :) Let's just say, not quite sure what the future holds for him yet.
As we look forward to making the most of 2013, I also look forward to setting those yearly goals. This years goals will be focused on setting ourselves up for success, realistic goals that I know we will make happen. Tis the year of more vacations, more family time, more exercise, healthy eating, family fun and togetherness. If we can't make that happen, then we aren't making the most of our lives here. Here's to 2013's goals of health, family and happiness!
We wish all of you a Happy, Healthy and Safe 2013. May this be the best year yet!
Love,
The Steinemanns
Monday, December 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment