Finally, it arrived. The ultimate grill/ smoker that Todd has always dreamed of "The Big Green Egg" is living right here on our deck. Within 2 hours of it's arrival yesterday, Todd was already smoking up a "boston butt" for some delicious pulled pork. And I must say, the green egg living up to it's legendary smoking skills today, the pulled pork was seriously delicious. Tender, moist, smoked pulled pork, I think Todd was in heaven. Someone else in our house was just excited.. Drew who's favorite foods consists of pulled pork, ribs and steak was yelling in to kitchen "mmmmm this is awesome, I love pork" as he was eating handfuls of it. So Happy Father's Day to Todd today!!! He only waited a few years for this grill, living here in Atlanta, this seemed like a staple in most of our neighbors and friends houses, we had to indulge. I can't wait for many many more meals from the green egg, and definitely can't wait for thanksgiving, everyone tells us the smoked turkey is an Atlanta thanksgiving tradition. Might be time for us to host a Turkey day!
While I wasn't able to get a picture of Todd and both kids today, I did seem to sneak on of Todd and Drew at the pool today. We had a nice time relaxing in the sun, letting the kids swim and chat with neighbors.
And here is Hannah, wanted her picture by herself.
Thank you Todd for being an amazing father. Who always makes the kids laugh, play a good game of hide and seek, teaches them everything from riding bikes to swinging the baseball bat all with patience. I couldn't ask for better husband and father. Thank you, and I love you so much.

No comments:
Post a Comment