Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sizzle.... Sweat.. Swim... Sizzle


It was a hot one this weekend, really hot. I know Atlanta, was not the only place on the map with high temperatures this weekend, but whoa... 102-108 degrees this weekend was nothing to dismiss. The weather did not completely slow us down though. On friday night, all the younger families in the neighborhood got together for a pot luck dinner at the pool with the kids. I didn't manage to take any pictures as I spent the majority of my evening making sure Drew wasn't drowning or causing trouble with the older kids. Every time I turned around he was trying to do all the things the  "older"  ( 6-8 yr olds) were doing including wild dives off the diving board and an intense game of pickle.  Once I removed Drew from pickle, everyone seemed much happier. Apparently Drew doesn't know the difference between pickle and football quite yet.

Saturday went to the North Hampton swimming pool with Holly, Zach, Bo and Carolyn. The kids as always had a great time. Their pool has a slide, which the kids absolutely loved. I think Drew started the new trend of 2 yr olds going down the slide by them selves, the kid has no fear, and had to biggest smile on this face the whole time. Hannah and Maddie also went down the slide about 80 times each. After wards, we went back to Holly and Zach's house for some pizza while the kids washed off and watched a movie. We left their house at 8:30, the live 3 miles away and both kids were asleep when we got home and didn't wake up until almost 9am this morning. I think we need to do that more often!!

Of course, pictured above.. Drew is the only one in the picture not under control, god help us. Who knows what is in store for us.




Post pool before we left, we attempted to get a picture of the kids in their jammies as we were saying good-bye. Madde and Hannah did a good job cooperating. We started to lose the little ones.


And here is the duo, Maddie and Hannah. They are so cute together, and so similar in personality.. they make cute friends!!!

Thursday we leave for the Destin, FL for a long weekend. We can't wait and are hoping for good weather! Holly, Zach, Maddie and Lily will be there too, they are staying one condo over from us. They are surprising the girls and not telling them we are going to be there, it should be a fun surprise, and I know Hannah and Drew are going to love their play mates on the beach!! We can't wait!

No comments: