We had a really fun surprise in store for Hannah last week. We woke up Saturday morning and told her it was our last day in FL and it was time to get in the car and drive home. Immediately her eyes filled with tears saying she did not want to leave and she wanted to live at the beach with her friends forever. After I assured her that many people feel the same way as her and that is what retirement is called.... we let her know that her vacation wasn't over just yet..... because we were going to Disney world for the day! She got the biggest smile on her face you have ever seen and was so excited she started stuttering "rararapunzel"! So, she finally got to meet her new favorite princess.
And not to be left behind, Drew got to meet his favorite character too "woody". Drew walks around the house saying "woodeee" and "buuzzzz" all day long. When he saw Woody and was trying to climb out of my arms yelling "woody, hug, hug, hug". When I finally let him go, he ran right up to Woody and Jesse giving them huge hugs. I was pretty darn cute.
And, Hannah's closet is complete with her princess jasmine outfit. She has been asking for this for a year and a half now. I didn't realize how hard it was to find Jasmine until I was looking for it, so I snagged a costume while I was there. It put a pretty big smile on her face. She has out grown most of her princess costumes, I am hoping this phase ends soon so I don't continue to have glitter from costumes all over the house :)
We didn't really think through the "drew factor" when we thought it was a good idea to take two kids to disney world in 88 degree heat after a long vacation and not a lot of sleep. Live and learn. A few meltdowns, a lot of $6 ice cream cones and $5 bottled water got us through the day. Todd and I looked at eachother many times throughout the day with the look of "what were we thinking"? All in all, they had fun, saw their favorites and crashed in the car before we left the parking lot which made for a quiet ride back to Atlanta. Can't complain about that part.
Until next time... and each time we go we also say "didn't we say we are never doing this again". We'll see..

No comments:
Post a Comment