Happy 1st Birthday to my "Baby Drew". It is hard for me to even get those words out and not get a little choked up. Baby Drew.... 1 year old already. I have no idea where this last year has gone, but I do know it went faster than I ever wanted it to. What seems like a short year ago, I remember sitting in his nursery yet to meet him. Looking at a sea of blue onsies, blankets, gifts of car, trains and airplane books.. wondering, just wondering if I had it in me to do it all over again. There wasn't any going back, but I was still building up the confidence and courage to try and be the best mom I could, all over again. Scared, excited, filled with anticipation, a year ago today, we finally got to meet our baby Drew. I will never forget meeting him for the first time, Todd and I had eyes filled with tears of happiness, joy and excitement. He was perfect.
I have no idea how we of all people have been blessed with both Drew and Hannah in our lives. I never imagined before that life could be as perfect as it is today. I never knew 10 years ago, 5 years ago, or even 1 year ago what perfect meant, I didn't know what I was searching for until it found me. A healthy, happy family of 4. Both Hannah and Drew have unleashed joy, laughter, happiness and a lot of giggles in our lives, and have made our house a home.
Drew continues to be an amazing little guy, Hannah continues to be an amazing big sister. They laugh together, play together and give each other lots of hugs and kisses... and lately, I have noticed they seem to be a little lost without each other when one is not around. It is cute, I love to watch them interact. I love to watch Drew run into her like a little line backer and Hannah scream like a little girl. It is that lovely reminder of having a little boy and a little girl in the house and all the fun things that come with it.
How do I describe Drew on his first birthday other than.... he is very active, physical, loves to climb on anything, has no fear, giggles and laughs a lot, loves to be outside, loves to be with Hannah, loves to cuddle anything soft and fuzzy, has a special place in his heart for mom when he wants a cuddle, and has a special place in his heart for dad when we want to giggle and wrestle. He loves to eat turkey, chocolate chip cookies, kiwi, waffles, cheese and ravioli. He doesn't say much other than "dagoo" ( we are sure about that one) and he has some of the most beautiful blue eyes and olive skin you have ever seen. His smile will melt your heart, his laughter and affection is contagious, and well.... we just can't get enough of him. We love our "Baby Drew".
Happy 1 Year Drew. We love you so much little buddy. Thank you for the laughter, smiles and joy you bring to us each day!
XOXO,
Mom, Dad, Hannah & Murphy
No comments:
Post a Comment