Friday, July 30, 2010

Drew is 10 Months Old!



I can't believe it, 10 months old, his first birthday isn't all that far away. It really is crazy how fast these 10 months have gone by. I have realized with baby #2, it really does go fast. You are so busy with two kids you have to stop and remind yourself to cherish the moments and the milestones.

Drew is still an amazing little guy. He started walking right after his 9 month birthday and is now full speed ahead. His unsteady wobbly little walk has caused a lot of bumps and bruises this past month, but all part of growing up I guess. I often joke with my friends how much easier my life would be if I could just put a mouth guard and helmet on him and let him go do his thing. It would be less stressful that is for sure. He continues to have one of the best laughs I have ever heard. Like clock work, Todd and I pick up Hannah and Drew from school, and generally in tired/ bad moods from a long day at work... we get into the car, and within 3 minutes Hannah has Drew laughing so hard that we start laughing and the long day at work is quickly forgotten while we are instantly reminded of what matters in life. Those giggles are therapeutic.

We continue to love Drew's perfections and imperfections.. I love his floppy ears, silly laugh, funny hair swirl, and gap in the middle of his two front teeth. They add character to his silly little personality that just make us love him all the much more.

Drew's 9th month was much better than his 8th! We got tubes in his ears and no ear infections since! He also hasn't had a cold in over a month so I am sure that helps too. A happy, healthy 9th months. We are still working on trying to figure out why Drew won't eat finger foods. He has yet to actually swallow anything. It makes meal times somewhat stressful and frustrating. In the mean time, we keep trying different things, and we go through A LOT of purees. If there are any moms reading this that have any ideas, please send them along! The good news is that he has stopped gagging on purees... progress right? We have been trying avocado, soggy noddles, gerber puffs... nothing seems to work. Help! I would like Drew to actually eat some of his first birthday cake, we have two months to figure this out :)

Happy 10 Months Drew!
We love you to the moon and back little buddy.


No comments: