This weekend we went to Ohio to visit our friends and family. It was truly a great trip. It started on Thursday with a quick trip to Columbus to see my friends from Ohio State. It was long over due, I forgot how much I missed those guys. I love the feeling of knowing nothing has changed between all of us, even though everything has changed. I must had driven back and forth from Dayton to Columbus 100 times in college, but this time I had a husband and two kids in tote. It seemed surreal. I loved meeting everyone's kids, knowing they are just like their mom and dad's. I love that conversations pick right up where they left off, and it didn't take long for all of us to be laughing with eachother again and planning next years vacation together. I miss them. I am already looking forward to this fall, when we meet again for cheer for the Buckeyes..... Of course, with all the little kids running around, we forgot to take pictures which I am kicking myself for.....!!!
Hannah & Drew got to spend a lot of time with Grandma and Grandpa which they both loved. Hannah loves with Grandpa is silly, and loves to play with Grandma. She was so sad to leave, but we reassured her we would see them again soon.
They also had a lot of fun playing with cousins Jacob and Lucas. I can't believe how much the boys have grown up since I have seem them last. Jacob is reading really big words all by himself, and Lucas is talking up a storm, and is all little boy. They are both adorable, and Hannah loved playing with them. She said her favorite part of the trip was riding bikes with them.
We went to Kings Island one evening to let the kids ride the little kiddie rides, they all had fun, and we left Drew behind with Grandma and Grandpa so Hannah could play a little more. I think Drew gave them both a run for their money. It was a pleasant evening for the adults and Kings Island too.... thanks Jeff and Nikki for a great time!!
Thanks everyone, we had tons of fun!! We miss you and can't wait to see everyone again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment