Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Drew's new Do..


My little tough guy, the teachers are school today that is was only appropriate that if he was sporting a little short with a bulldog that read "tough guy" that he should look the part. I picked him up from school today and he had a mohawk. 15 Years from now, if Drew comes home with a Mohawk, I won't be a happy parent, and will probably make him shave his whole head so I don't have to look at it. I see it now... it won't go down pretty. However, his little mohawk on his chubby little 8 month body is pretty cute. I had to admit, all night, he looked "tough" :>)

It has been and incredibly busy week. Todd has been in LA since Sunday morning. I have been trying to hold down the fort by myself here. Hannah and Drew have both been awesome. They take it easy on me. They have been healthy, happy, giggling, playing and having fun. What they have not been doing is sleeping. We have been trying to make Drew "cry it out" at night. Sleep training. He is awesome about putting himself to sleep at night and nap time, however, between 8pm and 6am he seems to require constant cuddles and hugs. So Night #1.... Drew cried for 45 minutes, more like whining, and went back to sleep.. not bad. Night #2... Drew woke up at 3am for 5 minutes, cried... went back to sleep.. in mind that is a success. I had big hopes last night. Drew was going to make it all night and I was going to slip into a state of REM sleep which I have not gotten in over a year and a half. I was psyched. Little did I know nothing would go as planned... Night #3... Drew wakes up at 11am cries for 45 minutes. I lay there wide awake yet to go to sleep. Thinking he is a really slow learner. Come on Drew.. sleep! Murphy wakes up at 2 am to go bathroom. Hannah wakes up at 2:45am after wetting her bed for the second time ever in a year since she stopped wearing pull ups ( why last night?) The comotion wakes up Drew at 3am, he cries until 4am. It is 4am, I am finally going to bed for the night. Only to be woken up at 5am from Drew whining/ crying. I lay there, defeated, exhausted, thinking about my presentation at work I am fully not prepared for. Wondering if I will get my words out with out slurring. 6am, Drew is still crying.. If I go in there and "soothe" him it defeats my entire nights purpose. I shower, he falls back asleep at 6:30am just in time for me to wake him up for school. After his 5 minutes of sleep he wakes up with the biggest smile on his face I have ever seen. I melted, I felt horrible about the night. We hugged, we cuddled, he was covered in kisses. I try to tell him it is for both for our own good. A good nights sleep means that mom will be a better, happier mommy and Drew will be healthier, stronger and happier too. I wish he could understand. I wish he knew it is harder on me than him. There is nothing I love more than snuggling and cuddling my little guy in the middle of the night, I love him nuzzled up in my neck, feeling his soft skin, listening to his light breathing and sighs. But I also need sleep to function. We'll see... Night # 4... stay tuned and wish me luck.


No comments: