Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Drew is 9 Months Old!




I can honestly say this has been by far the fastest 9 months of my life. Yes, the fastest, busiest, most tired and the most rewarding 9 months of my life. It has been an amazing collaboration of both excitement and exhaustion. I can't help but to fall more and more in love with my kids each day, each day I am in awe of the things they do, the things they say, and the way they make me feel as a parent. I love that Todd and I look at eachother at least 10 times a day with a look with no words required, just a smile of "did you hear that, did you see what Hannah just did, did you see that Drew just took 4 steps all by his little self? No words are needed, just the glance in eachother's direction, knowing full well, we are beaming with pride and embracing the new things they do each day.

Little Drew melts my heart in so many unimaginiative way that I could not had predicted only 9 short months ago. He is this amazingly happy adorable little boy. I could watch his smile grin from ear to ear all day long. I could watch him watch Hannah all day long. He studies her, watches her every move, and inserts himself into her world as much as he can figure out how to. I look forward to the discovery of little boy hood. The new adventure that lies in front of us.

Drew has had a rough 8th month. Poor little fellow has struggled with one ear infection after another. We had his 9 mos check up today and we are thinking tubes might be the best solve at this point. Through his high fevers, colds, coughs, and ear infections ( what a great June) he has stayed happy and giggly. Imagine what he is like on a good day? We are looking forward to month 9 being a healthier month, less doctors visits, less missed work and school and less fevers. Wish us luck. Beyond the ears, he is strong and growing. He weighs 20 lbs, 3 oz... a little less than Hannah at the same age. He is in the 50 percentile for both height and weight. He has not taken a liking to solids just yet. He has quite the gag reflex which has made eating even little gerber puffs hard. I don't think he will be going to college eating gerber purees, but would like to see him try a few things pretty soon to make me feel a little better :) We are pretty sure Drew will be walking by the time I publish his 10 month update. He stands all by himself for a good minute or more, and will take 3 to 4 steps on his own before diving head first to the ground. He is trying so hard to walk, while we aren't quite ready for it at home, I think Drew is. Wish us luck. I am sure I will be posting pictures of bumps and bruises in no time.

Happy 9 months Baby Drew! We love you! Thank you for the endless smiles you bring us each day.

No comments: