Sunday, March 22, 2009

Chef Hannah


Chef Hannah in the making. Tonight we made pizzas for dinner, we meaning Dad and Hannah, while Mom watched.  She loves seeing what is going on in the kitchen, generally bringing her step stool from counter to counter to see what we are doing. As aggravating as it can be at times when you are trying to prepare a meal, the thought finally came to mind.. ahh we can have a little helper. Dad and Hannah love making pizzas together, as it is becoming "their thing".    She is getting pretty good at spreading the sauce and sprinkling the cheese. 

Once we sat down for dinner we realized that Hannah is getting pretty darn smart. I ( mom ) have been fighting a cold. Hannah looks at me and says "Mommy nose ache?" Which was pretty funny and I said, well yes, mommy does have a nose ache. Then she starts to whimper and says "Hannah tummy ache" and we say,,,,oh, your ok, and she continues to whimper and finally says " Hannah's tummy needs an M&M". As much as we probably shouldn't had just starting laughing out loud at that moment it is just hard to help.  I was half shocked that she was already trying to manipulate us, and half proud of her at the same time. All I could think is that I am sure this is probably something I did as a kid too.   So, to end our dinner, we did not give in and give her a M&M to remedy her tummy, we did give her a hug and assure her she was just fine :) 

No comments: