And above were Hannah's favorite sayings for her trip to Ohio. While we didn't go to under the best circumstances, we did enjoy our trip to see the Dice family. One Saturday we arrived after a pretty rough airplane ride. Hannah did great, Mom on the other hand didn't. Lots of turbulence made for a very sick passenger. Dad wasn't feeling to good either. While we were almost kissing the ground upon our arrival, Hannah said she loved the "roller coaster" ride.
Ever since our trip to Ohio over Halloween, all Hannah has talked about is going to "Papa's house" and playing with "Papa's toys". She was so excited when she arrived. And when nightime arrived, she started to realize it was a little scary to sleep in a different house and in a different bed. We tried to make her feel special about sleeping in Mommy's old bed, but she was a little nervous. She looked up at me and said "Mommy, I see Papa, I all done now, I go home". I explained it wasn't that easy as we were pretty far away. By the second night, she was perfectly happy in her bed, and slept soundly.
The next day were went to the Children's Museum with her cousins Jake and Lucas, and Aunt Nikki and Uncle Jeff. We had a lot of fun as Hannah warmed up to her cousins. In the evening we went to my favorite pizza place Marions. Hannah sat next to Lucas and couldn't help but to laugh at him eating his pizza. I have never seen anything like it. I think he went through half a large pizza 18 months old while half of it ended up in his hair. Hannnah is a bit of a clean freak,s so she didn't know what to think of it but to laugh. Lucas had a smile on his face the whole time. You just can't help but to smile back. After pizza we went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house where the cousins had a great time playing with eachother. It was fun to watch.
And we tried really hard to get a picture with the Dice grandkids, but it is much easier said than done. Trying to get 3 little ones to look at the camera at the same time is not an easy task.. but here they are.
We had a great time. On Monday Grandpa, Dad and Hannah went to the zoo while Mom and Grandma did a little shopping. Then we went to Aunt Nikki and Uncle Jeff's to play with the Jake and Lucas again, it was a busy time, but so much fun.
And finally on Tuesday, we celebrated the life of Hannah's Great Grandma Dice. She is already missed and we are so lucky to have had her in our lives. I only wish that Hannah was able to know her, as I can only hope that Hannah has some of the traits of her Great Grandma. Her great grandma taught me a lot in my own life about what true love and friendship mean, and most importantly to live each day to the fullest with a positive attitude. I hope I can teach Hannah these very traits as she grows into her own person.
To Hannah's Great Grandma Dice,
We love you, you will always be in our everlasting thoughts, and bring a smile to our faces each day with joyful and funny memories that will last a life time, memories that I am so lucky to have shared with you. May you now be at peace, and enjoy the next stage of your life with Grandpa forever by your side. We love you, we miss you and we thank you for being you.
No comments:
Post a Comment