Sunday, March 8, 2009

Hannah Transitions to a "bigger" girl bed.


Hannah had a big night last night. We took the rail off her crib and put on the railings. She was so excited when we first put them on. She was jumping on her bed all smiles.  When night time came, she then became a little more scared. We read her books, and when it was time to get in her bed.. she said "mommy, keep lights on", "mommy, no close door". All of the sudden the realization of sleeping in her new transitioned crib got to her a little bit. But, all in all, she did great. We put Murphy's big dog pillow ( he never uses, no worries) right below her crib in case she fell out. She she did fall out once. I heard heard a boom around midnight and she got herself back in.. about half way and fell back asleep. I couldn't fall back asleep, so around 1am I peeked in on her. Her body was in the bed, her feet were standing on the pillow sound alseep. I gently got her whole body back into the bed.  It was kinda funny.   So, there she is all smiles in her transition to a big girl bed.  We have a gate at the door in case she tries to escape, we have our bases covered, but it is a weird feeling going to bed knowing there is a chance your 2 year old could possibly be roaming around the room at 3am without you knowing? 

No comments: