Sunday, March 20, 2016
Seaside Half Marathon and 5k 2016
We headed to our second annual Seaside Half Marathon again this year. The kids all ran the 5k, and the adults ran the half marathon, minus Todd and I will my ankle injury and his bad knees. At least it all worked out so we could watch the kids. They all did great, Drew and Lila coming in 1st and 2nd place with Hannah and Caitlin following right behind them.
One of the kids favorite things to do in Seaside is to visit "frost bites" which is an awesome snow cone shop. They ended up with root beer floats and Hannah got a bubble gum snow cone. After they were al sugared up, they want to the open part area and played leap frog, tag, rolled down the hill and danced on the stage. It was really fun and cute to watch kids being kids.
A seriously fun game of leap frog. When they weren't looking I hopped in the front spot and played too, they all through it was hilarious that I did that. Clearly I didn't do the hopping with my ankle, but I played a good frog part.
Before we left, Drew had to get in his fishing. He begged and begged the whole weekend. We knew he wouldn't catch anything in the middle of the morning, but headed out anyway. He still had fun and didn't want to leave. Here is a pic of Hannah and Drew actually being nice to each other for once!
After the marathon, the kids got in some beach time. The water was FREEZING. I don't know what in the world they were thinking, but they have fun and that is what counts. The weather was absolutely gorgeous. mid 60's to mid 70's, no clouds, slight breeze and just perfect.
The adults had fun and we laughed at each other as there were 3 families that all shared a house and I think we were all in bed by 9:30pm every night, wow how times have changed? Poor Jason ended up in a bike accident which made the last night not so fun for him. We were all just glad it wasn't worse than it was.
It is my goal to make sure by next year my ankle is healed and I can run the 13.1 again! It is always good training over the winter to get in shape for spring. I missed it this year and was sad I couldn't train and participate in the race. Next year!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment