Time flies, doesn't it? When you have your first baby, or your second, or your third, everyone tells you the same thing. "Enjoy it while they are young, they grow up so fast". You look at them, nod, smile, and think to yourself "I am so exhausted right now, please let them grow up a little fast, just right now , so I can get some sleep". At least that is what I thought. And then, you look forward to and wait for each milestone, always looking ahead. It's the first belly laugh, the first tooth, first steps, first day of preschool, first day of kindergarten, first lost tooth, first goal in a soccer game, first home run in a baseball game, and then, you don't want any more firsts... you want time to slow down. That is how I feel about this last year, and the year ahead. I want time to slow down, time to enjoy every single moment I can with the kids because every single day is more precious than the last. They really do grow up fast, too fast. I miss the baby snuggles already and in reality, it wasn't that long ago. I miss the cute little way Hannah would say "chick a fey" instead if chick fil a, or even now Drew says he is going "mine golding" while chipping away at rocks instead of gold mining. I know I should correct him, but I don't, because one day I will look up and he will say it correctly and I will know he has grown up just that much more.
This past year the kids had some "firsts" and many accomplishments that made us so proud, and a lot of fun while they were at it. Hannah made it to state finals in swimming for 7-8 girls age group. She came in 3rd place in the cobb county qualifying here for the state meet. She ended up 7th in the state in the 25 backstroke and Todd and I could not had been more proud. She also tried out for the Nasa Academy Soccer team and made it! She finished her first fall season and scored 4 goals this past season with a lot of assists. Her playing has improved so much and she really seems to love soccer. I love watching her. She also is doing awesome in school. 3rd grade has been her year to shine. She has been studying hard and getting great grades. She looks forward to going to school and brings home her tests with smiles on her face proud of her effort and results. Beyond sports and school, what I am most proud of is the little girl she has become. She is as sweet as they come, a true angel. She is so loving, caring, sweet and silly. Her funny personality makes us laugh every day. She is definitely a little daddy's girl as her and Todd have their own fun together being silly in a language I don't even understand. It is super cute.
Drew had a good year as well. He started kindergarten this past fall and is doing great. After getting past the first week of school when he punched a kid at the lunch table for taking his chips, he settled down. I was worried it was going to be a long year, but instead his teacher tells me he is a perfect student and role model to the other kids, however she does tell me he has a lot of energy and can be a little too competitive at sports at recess :) Drew is learning to read and loves it. He actually asks to read his Bob books every night together as he sounds everything out. He gets so excited when he finishes a sentence by himself with out help. Drew is our little athlete and played baseball in the spring which he loved and had a few home runs! He also played soccer and scored about 30 goals over the course of the season, flag football and is now playing basketball until baseball starts again this spring - which is his current passion. In his free time, you can find him playing football in the yard, or heading to the batting cages with dad, or in real Drew fashion - "fixing up his 4 wheeler". He loves to watch videos of people fixing up cars and 4 wheelers as they go "mudding" and then he soon tries to do the same. He is all boy, and all southern boy too. He loves his sports, camoflauge, country music and to go muddin'. Watch out Atlanta! :)
As for Todd and I, we still work hard and play hard. We always make time for family vacation which are so important to us since that is when we get true quality family time together. No sports, school work, schedules, electronics.. just family time. This past year we were fortunate enough to be able to go to Colorado, Seaside, Puerta Vallarta, Siesta Key, Lake Oconee, and Jamaica. All of which were awesome. And this year we added Lucy to our family. A rambunctious, cute, fluffy, loving silly golden retriever puppy that tears our house apart and chews on anything in her path. But we love her :)
I so look forward to 2016. It is going to be the best year yet, because we are going to make it that way with positive attitudes, good family time and fun, and reach our own personal goals too. The year of health ( i am turning 40, yikes, not getting any younger), happiness and family.
Happy New Year everyone! ( a few days late)
Erin, Todd, Hannah, Drew, Murphy and Lucy
Tuesday, January 5, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment