There is my girl, who just turned 9 years old! 9, one year away from double digits. Going from 8 to 9 years old has been an adventure this past year. She has grown up so much emotionally and matured beyond anything I ever expected. I love the conversations we have together now. We talk about her favorite Taylor Swift songs, how she really wants to score more goals in her upcoming soccer season, how she has done on tests, school work, projects and how she feels about friends, family, life.
About a month ago Hannah and I were out running errands on a Sunday afternoon and at the grocery store. We had just walked in publix and she stops in her tracks. She looks at me with her little face all blushed and said "mom, I just thought of something, I won't always be like this. When I grow up life will be different and I won't always be running errands with you and stuff like that, I'll be older, and it will be different". She looked like a ghost with a new realization that this is all a point in time. I don't know what made her think of it, or why she thought of that in that very moment, but it is like she realized how quickly people, life, and family change. I said back to her "yes, one day you will go to college, and get married, and have kids of your own and you will be doing the same thing, just in a different way - and you can pay for the groceries then!". :) She laughed but it is kind of strange to think about. Every day in our house is some kind of chaos. School, work, kids, sports, travel, leaky roofs, sprained ankles.. you name it, somehow we always seem to have it going on. But never for a moment would I change any of it. Every year that passes seems to be a little less time that I get to spend with Hannah. She is off to her friends houses, playdates, sleep overs, soccer games, swim meets and so on. So when she and I get to run errands together on a Sunday afternoon, as lame as it is, it is still time we get together, just us, laughing, talking and just being together. I love my little girl with all my heart. She is such a silly little girl that always makes us laugh.
We had a small celebration this year for Hannah's birthday. I told her the older she gets the smaller the birthday parties get. She had 4 friends come over and we went bowling and had a sleepover. Hannah didn't even want a birthday cake, she asked for brownies instead.. which made my life really easy. Her friends Katie, Sophia, Lila and Caitlien ( + Drew ) all had a great time and everyone got along awesome. It was a great little party.
Like every year, I look forward to what is in store for Hannah. Her grades have been great this year, soccer is going well, and she has tons of little friends. She is a happy little girl who just enjoys life. She currently is way into Taylor Swift music and loves to watch the Ellen Show on youtube when we let her :) She still loves all her crafts, playing in the yard with Lucy and the soccer ball and more than anything, playing with her friends. She is the sweetest little girl you have ever met and we just love her to pieces.
Happy 9th Birthday Hannah Banana!! We love you sweetheart!!
Mom, Dad, Drew, Murphy and Lucy!
No comments:
Post a Comment