Friday, July 5, 2013

Drew ?!?!?!?!


This morning I was standing in the kitchen talking to my friend Kimmie, while she was picking up Mac N Cheese from the girls sleepover and Lundy and Drew were playing. Drew announces he is going in the garage to get a toy. Kimmie and I continue to talk. A few minutes later Drew walks in covered in beige paint. The same paint used to recently paint Drew's new sandbox. He is covered. I immediately do that "DREW! What did you do??" His response " I painted the garage".   Kimmie and I go outside, sure enough, Drew took a paint roller and painted the stairs, hand rails, bike tires, garage floor, garage cabinets, part of the driveway, and his little baseball plates.  All in a matter of 5 minutes. It was like a paint roller tornado hit our garage.

He had a look on his face like oh boy .. I'm really in trouble. I honestly had to try not to laugh. I did the whole "just wait til your dad gets home" because I honestly did not know what to do with him. Poor Kimmie, who has two adorable sweet little girls, and is pregnant with a boy due this fall had a look on her face, like..."can I exchange my boy for a girl". I said, you just wait..... just wait.

Luckily, it was really wet and humid so we get the paint off the stairs and cabinets. We told Drew he had to scrub all the paint off the garage floor. He didn't even get upset or complain. He went right to work scrubbing his little heart out for over an hour. Barely even looked up. Finally after an hour he said " my arm is so tired and I need a nap, can I finish after a nap?" So napped he did, 2 hours later he got up and we didn't have the heart to keep making him scrub more. He has apologized all day long.

The reality of life with Drew is that you really cannot take your eye off him for a second, and if its too quiet, than that generally means he is up to no good. He is the kid that has taken the sharpie marker to furniture, gets naked and sits in the bathroom sink with soap and water overflowing, paints the garage.. and many many more things I don't even want to remember. And I used to think Hannah was hard... what was I thinking. Angel, complete angel.

No comments: