Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Superhero Run!


Well, it's not everyday you can dress up at Batman on a June saturday morning, but given the opportunity, we take full advantage of it! This past Saturday we took part in the Atlanta Superhero family run raising money for Children's Hospital of Atlanta.   Jason, Susan, Claudine and I headed out early in the morning for a 5k run, then shortly after Todd and Jonas showed up with the kids so we could all the do family / kids 1 mile sprint.  The event was held at Piedmont Park, and it was a gorgeous day!


Here are the kids pre-run, ready for take off!


We think they all make pretty cute little super heroes! Pictured above left to right is Hannah, Alexandra, Lila, Camden, Caitlin and Drew.


Two super mans and a flash Gordon!  Left to right is Jason, Todd and Jonas


Finally, the 4 of us. We had such a wonderful time, and we were so impressed with Drew. He took his race very, very serious, winning for team Ashebrooke, and winning the little kids run. Drew sprinted the one mile, and I mean sprinted. Drew was in the lead, I was chasing after him yelling "slow down" so I wouldn't lose him in the crowd. About three quarters way through he turns back and looks at me and says " mom, you think we can do this?" I said for sure little buddy, go get em... so he did. I managed to pull some random hip muscle while chasing him. At night as we went to bed, he said "mom, I am sorry I ran so fast I hurt you and people laughed at you". I thought, well, how do you get any sweeter than that, feeling bad about an injury and the people watching laughing at me as I chased him :) Just another Satuday with Drew.

Hannah had a sleep over party the night before for her friend Mackenzie's bday, Hannah wasn't the most wide awake for the event and walked most of it, which is fine, as long as everyone had a good time that is all that mattered.

I think we will take some time off from doing races with Drew until we can get in better shape to keep up with him, in the mean time, we will stick to tennis :)


No comments: