Sunday, June 2, 2013
Hannah's 1st Swim Meet - Go Pinecrest Pirates!
Last Monday night Hannah had her first swim meet. She is part of the Pinecrest Pirate team this year, which is just right behind her elementary school. All the kids in the neighborhood swim there, as well as some of Hannah's friends from East Side Elementary. I raced to the meet as fast as I could from work, nervous I was going to miss her first race! I got there in the nick of time, and Hannah was so excited. It was the first time I have seen her with such determination. The night before at bedtime she looked at me and said "mom, I am going to win, I want a blue ribbon". I said, you just swim your heart out and have fun. In my mind I was more or less expecting her to freak out at race time and hang onto a lane line for dear life or chicken out of the race all together. In Hannah fashion, he amazed me as always. Apparently she was more determine than I ever realized, because she did amazing. Her first swim meet race ever, 25 freestyle, wouldn't you know it, Hannah took home the blue ribbon and got first place. I was so happy for her, she was so excited and happy. It just warmed my heart to see how proud of herself she was!
Here she is in full swing, literally. Cinching the 25 freestyle, and her only competitor close to her was her little friend Lila. I asked Hannah what she was thinking about during the race, she said she was nervous that she didn't see anyone else's bubbles and wondered why she was the only one swimming. I laughed, and said.. well, they were all behind you!
My proud Hannah!
Hannah and Lila! They had so much fun at the meet, so cute!
Not only did she take home a first place ribbon for the 25 freestyle, she also won the freestyle relay for 6 and under girls at pinecrest too. Hannah was the anchor on the team, with a half of length behind the other team, Hannah swam her heart out, caught up and won! The whole crowd was cheering, super fun! I actually got a little choked up, I couldn't believe she pulled it off. She ended up with a second place in backstroke and she kept running into the lane line :) I remember doing that too :)
Our next meet is tomorrow night. Now lil Hannah has quite the cold so hopefully she can still swim tomorrow and have fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment