What happened to the days that I never let go by with out taking a picture of the kids? All the cute little outfits I just had to get a picture of Hannah in with her little sweet dimple on her cheek, and that adorable little smile of Drew's that I couldn't go a day without capturing on camera? Well, honestly I don't know what happened. We have gotten busy, and kids do not want a camera shoved in their face, I know that much. So , I may have a few more updated with out pictures, but I am promising myself to keep their blog alive to have their little childhood captured in books.
We have finally recovered from Disney, and gotten back to our routine. This spring will be busy for us! Hannah is continuing her tennis lessons, which she loves. Last night she told me she now knows how to run to the ball and hit it, not just hit it when it comes to you, that's progress right? I am sure she has Wimbeldon potential. I love that she can take class outside year round to keep her active. This week kicked off her softball season with her first practice last night and her first game next weekend. It's always an event to watch Hannah play. She is great at hitting, just sometimes forgets she is supposed to run to base afterwards. We are hoping this season she catches on to that step:)
After begging, and begging, Drew finally gets to participate in a sport. He has his first little soccer game this weekend for the 3-4 boys age group in Roswell with the company "happy feet" that coaches at his school. He is so excited, we just need to give him a stern talk about the difference between soccer and football so he doesn't tackle anyone.
And myself, I start my spring tennis lessons tomorrow night with my first ALTA doubles match on Sunday. I almost can't help but to laugh at myself for getting sucked into Atlanta tennis, but have to admit, it is pretty fun. I especially enjoy the Sunday mixed doubles neighborhood practices where you drink Bloody Mary's between matches. By the end of the first set, you aren't really sure what you are doing, but no one seems to care.. lots of laughs.
We have had some quiet weekends for the last two weekends, it has been a little chilly here in Atlanta, so we have hunkered down inside, watched some movies, the kids have had friends over for play dates and spent somee fun time together. Murphy is still pink, and after a few baths he looks more like cotton candy than his previous hot pink diva cross dressing self.
Last week Todd and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary here in Atlanta and with Home Depot. We also celebrated we are now contract free from Home Depot too! We went to dinner in Midtown and enjoyed fine dining at JCT Kitchen and Bar. Without even realizing what we were doing, we ordered southern style. We started with deviled egg appetizers, Todd had shrimp and grits, I had fried chicken and mac and cheese, and ended the meal with coconut cake dessert. Our taste buds have adapted here well. We really do love it here, and enjoy living in the south. I can't imagine going back to the snow. We love being outside all year long, the new friends we have made, making our house our home, and just being settled most of all. Work is a little nuts, lots of high pressure and a lot of long hours and stress to go with it. We take the good with the bad, and just thank God every day that we are as fortunate and blessed as we are.
And the kids are on the countdown already... 6 days until they see Grandma and Grandpa. One of the best parts of Atlanta, seeing both Todd and I's family so much more!
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment