Sunday, March 17, 2013
Kennesaw Mountain
After our busy morning of almost playing soccer and actually playing softball, we ran home and changed, packed a picnic lunch with our friends the Palms, and enjoyed the 75 degree and sunny day climbing Kennesaw Mountain. We didn't know if they kids would make it all the way to the top, but sure enough, after many snack and drink breaks, they did it, and were were all pretty proud of them!!
Here we are about half way up the mountain, we stopped on a rock to enjoy the view, you could see Stone Mountain, downtown Atlanta and Buckhead from there, it was really pretty. Pictured above are Alexandra, Hannah, Camden, Drew and the myself and Claudine. We are so lucky to have such awesome nieghbors, not sure what we would do with out them.
We hiked some more, then hunger set in with the kids. After some yummy carrots, apples, sandwiches and juice boxes, we were off again.
Family Photo!!
Finally, we made it all the way to the top. Of course the girls sit down and reflect, and then there is Drew who is living on the edge. Don't worry, it wasn't as dangerous as this picture looks :)
We all had such a great day, and all left with a little sun burn too. We ended the evening with a cookout at our house, and some really really tired kids.
Finally, today I played in my first ALTA doubles match and actually won. It was shocking, but we pulled through with a 6-3, 6-3 win. A big thank you to Todd for watching the kids today so I could enjoy time with friends on the tennis courts.
Back to work tomorrow, argh. And more travel the next week for me. I can't wait till I am home for a little while. I am worn out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment