Happy Memorial Day Everyone! The weekend kinda got away from us this year. I realized at about 7pm Sunday night we didn't take one photo all weekend, which is so not like us?! We relaxed, yet stayed busy the entire weekend. I managed to hobble around all weekend on a broken toe, I didn't get anywhere real fast, but I did manage to get to where I needed to be. We spent the majority of the weekend cleaning the house, organizing toys, cleaning out the garage, cleaning out closets, and playing with the kids at the pool and the front yard. The kids had fun doing all the above believe it or not. Hannah was even quite the little helper cleaning out toys, yet show broke my heart a few times too. We were going through her closet getting rid of old toys, organizing her things and I quickly realized she is growing up a little faster that I thought :( Out with disney princess, out with abby cadabby, out with dora and many other little friends from her toddler years. She would make comments through the day "mom, that's for babies" hmmm. Sad, sniff, sniff.
We did manage to finally finish Hannah's room! It only takes us over a year to finish one room? Time is not on our side for house projects. Between work and kids, we are thankful for online ordering and UPS shipping :) Hannah has her very pink room, fit for our little princess. She tells us she loves having her own space and Drew is not invited :)
Not but least, the highlight of our family's weekend....
Meet Harry and Elizabeth!!
Look closely, they are Hannah's new pet frogs! She named them all by herself, trust me, we did not come up with the names Harry and Elizabeth for frogs ourselves. Hannah was "green" the entire school year at school, meaning she never got in trouble, so we told her she could pick out something she wanted or do something special. We didn't know gaining pet frogs were on her list, but they were, so we obliged. At least they are low maintenance, for now.
Drew kept his little self busy all weekend too. Both the kids had so much fun at the neighborhood pool, we are so lucky they have little friends to play with, and some of the older kids in the neighborhood just love playing with them, and they love it too. Our neighbor was being the "dolphin" while Drew rode on this back like at sea wold. Drew had the biggest smile and giggles you have ever seen. Hannah was jumping off the shoulders into the pool of one of your teenage boy neighbors, Hannah thought she was pretty cool. All the while, their favorite neighbor, Bill, who is about 70 yrs old, cheers them on from the sidelines at the pool while going they go off the diving board. They are totally obsessed with Bill, I think he loves that they get such a kick out of him. It is pretty cute.
And so, back to work this weekend, at least it is only 4 days! At least I get better rest for my little toe sitting at a desk than chasing after kids at home, I am ready for some rest!
Hope everyone had great memorial day weekends!!
No comments:
Post a Comment