
Sunroom/ family room off the kitchen. View from the kitchen.
View from the couch... if I actually had time to sit down, I would recognize this view a little better. For now, I see it as a goal I hope to one day soon reach, to sit down, relax and breathe, perhaps even turn on the tv to something other than smurfs, diego, or elmo.
We have been in our house for 3 months now. It has been a whirlwind over the last 6 months, moving here, starting new jobs, having two crazy little kids and figuring life out. We have made effort to warm up our home and decorate a little. It's hard. Something I also thought I would enjoy doing once we got settled into a home we were going to stay in. Now that reality has it, I really don't enjoy it at all. Working full time and having a 2 and 4 year old leave little time to mull through magazines for ideas and going to stores on weekends to find the perfect items. So... for now, one room at a time. I am giving myself a 3 yr goal for completion. Better than my original 6 month goal :)
Here is our latest work in progress, and quite honestly for me, the most fun room in the house to decorate. I love pink, Hannah loves pink, so pink it is. We've got all shade of pinks in there. It is hard to see, but some pretty shades of blues, greens and yellow ins the flowers to soften the pepto bismol feel you may get when you see it. Once we get all the wall decor done, I will send out updates. I love having a girly girl room... so fun.
And... soon, we are off to Destin for the weekend. I was looking forward to some beach R&R as well as spening time with the Renick family ... that is until I just saw the weather outlook for the weekend. We might be in Hurricane path and spending more time indoors than out. Hmmmmm... What time is that gator game on?
1 comment:
Erin,
2 things: 1) another benefit of the pink room is that the rails help keep you stabilized
2) I believe it's pronounced "Snurths"
Post a Comment