Friday, September 2, 2011

Labor Day Weekend Staycation 2011


We are making lemons out of lemonade this weekend. As I was packing for our vacation to Destin, FL with the Renick family, I thought I would check the weather to see if I needed a sweatshirt, not knowing I was going to read out a tropical depression hovering over our beach vacation location for the entire weekend. So, after discussing with the Renicks, we decided to move our trip to Nov. It might be a chilly beach vacation by then, but we'll have fun. Better a little chilly than hurricane like conditions. Todd and I spent 3 hours online last night trying to find a last minute condo in Hilton Head with no luck. The ones that were left had good reason to be left.. ick. So.. here we are. We are going to make the most of our 4 day weekend here in Atlanta. Not what we had in mind, but day one was a hit so far. We started the day at the zoo. Hannah and Drew both loved it, and we loved that it was not crowded, no lines, and really no people in the way. We felt like we had to zoo to ourselves. Kids loved it, we loved that they loved it.

In the picture above, Hannah thought it was cool to see all the big pictures of the animals before we even walked in the zoo.




And above is our roaring lion Drew. He thought it was really funny to stick his head through those animal boards... He was there for a long time just roaring having a great time.

No comments: