Sunday, February 13, 2011

Where is the "good" in good-bye?

Hannah, Drew, Eleanor, and Ben... pen pals forever.

Hannah promises to talk to Eleanor on the computer every week. ( we'll be buying them a webcam asap)



And Kim I am... lots of phone calls, emails and even some girls weekend trips are needing to be planned. I am lucky to have known someone that is so hard to say good-bye to. So, I refuse to say a real "good-bye", I prefer to give a hug out the door as we always do, and plan our next outing like nothing has changed. I can't bear to think about the reality of not seeing them week after week, so I chose to ignore the obvious move in front of us. True friendships like this don't happen every day, at least not for me. Kim, thanks for always being there for me at a moments notice, always understanding, and always making me laugh. You guys are our family away from home, and you are the sister I never had. You know we love you guys.

I read a good quote the other day that made me think of our friendship.... "You never leave someone behind, you take part of them with you, and you leave part of yourself behind".



No comments: