Monday, February 15, 2010

Happiness is....


these two little ones, right here.

I am off today, school is closed for President's Day. I have already had my work cut out for me this morning at home.

Drew... change diaper, feed, nap, play, change diaper, feed, nap, play, cuddle, soothe, feed, nap, play, change another diaper.

Hannah... get milk, turn on cartoons, make breakfast, clean breakfast, play princess, play art, play pop beads, play candyland, color, draw, dress dolls, make lunch, clean up lunch, read stories.... nap.

Mom... in between all of that.. check work emails, make a few work calls, work on a presentation. Hope I don't get fired for missing so much work already... oh, laundry and cleaning up a lot of toys too.




In the midst of all the chaos, even when all I can think about is 4 consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep and peace a quiet.. I am reminded that it is all worth it when I seeing Drew and Hannah laughing at each other, playing with each other in such a surreal way. Today, when I went to put Hannah down for nap, Drew had just woken up from his ( I was wishing for some overlap). I grabbed Drew and went into Hannah's room to read her a story. Drew, loved looking at the book, and mostly, loved just starring at Hannah as she reacted to what was happening in the book. That made Hannah laugh even harder, then Drew started laughing really hard... on and on. I love it, how can you not? Their laughs are contagious, their happiness is contagious, and puts it all in perspective.


No comments: