
Yesterday we took Hannah and Drew to see the big man himself, Santa Claus. Santa, Frosty, and Rudolph have dominated our conversations, tv, and radio for the last two weeks. Hannah is SO excited for Christmas she can hardly stand it. She talks about Santa every day, and more importantly she talks about his reindeer. We have made his reindeer food for Christmas night to leave on the lawn and she is still trying to understand why they fly. I told her because all the presents would not fit in a car, so they need to be in a sleigh and go really fast at night to get to all the kids. She then asked, why doesn't Santa drive a really fast truck then? I love it.
In the morning, Todd and Hannah sat down at the table to write her letter to Santa. She told Dad what to say, and he wrote while she drew and decorated. She was clear that she wants a castle, a bike and a house for her dolls. She also wanted to write Drew's letter. We asked what Drew wanted from Santa and she said a truck.
The experience of seeing Santa was adorable. When it was Hannah's turn in line, she got the biggest smile on her face I have ever seen. Slowly she started to walk towards him, then sped up to jump on his lap. She was really good about telling him what she wanted, she got a little nervous, but he did get the message of a castle and a bike at the end. It was so cute. I actually got a little teared up she seeing how excited and happy she was. I love the magic, and I love these moments, it just doesn't get any better than that.
We left Santa's letters at a special mailbox for Santa at Macy's. She was really excited to mail it and put it in the box, going all the way to the North Pole.
No comments:
Post a Comment