Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Eve - 2009

2010, tomorrow, what?!? Where did this year go? Time is flying bye, life is passing bye, my new year's resolution - to live in the moment and cherish each day, each moment with my family.

It is too easy to get caught up in life's obligations. There will always be bills to pay, laundry to wash and a house to clean. But the smiles, giggles, laughter and cuddles of your children only last so long. Today I have decided, to make the commitment to myself to not let these moments get away from me because I was to pre-occupied on everything that has to get done. ( todd will be proud of me). Soon my kids will be grown up, and I don't want to regret pushing them away because the laundry had to be done, or the books on their bedroom floor needed to be picked up. 2010 and every year there after is about laughter, love and cherishing the moments.

I was watching the Today show this morning, they were talking about all the events of 2009. Obama was elected, Michael Jackson died, Sully's miracle on the Hudson. All of these events seem so long ago.. did they really just happen this year? Then I started to look on this blog over the last year, and can't believe how much has not necessarily happened in our life, but how much has changed.

Hannah has turned into a little girl. She no longer has the toddler chubby cheeks, the chubby thighs and the 3 worded sentences. She looks like a little girl, acts like a little girl, and talks non stop. We don't always understand everything she is saying, but trust me, she has a lot to say. I wish I could bottle all of her comments and funny things she does up in a bottle and open it up again 20 years from now, just to re- live it all over again.

Drew was born, the largest event in our lives of 2009, and the greatest blessing. A year ago Todd and I had a lot of discussion whether to have another child or not. Today, I can't imagine what our lives would be like without him. I melt each time Hannah and Drew interact. She has a way with him that just makes him smile, and smile, and smile. She adores him, he adores her. I adore watching them together. He makes our family complete. It no longer feels like just Todd, Hannah and I hanging out, it feels like a family now.

Tonight will be similiar to last years New Year's Eve, pizza and a movie, probably be in bed by 11pm. And tomorrow our friends Kim and Jason and Eleanor are coming over to celebrate the new year. From our family to yours, Happy New Year Everyone. I wish everyone health, happiness and laughter for the upcoming year.




No comments: