Monday, September 7, 2009

Diapers Check... Wipes Check...



With 23 days to go until Hannah's baby brother arrives, we finally put the nursery together this weekend. With a few finishing touches left to go, we will be ready. It is strange seeing blue in the house, when we have been so used to pink over the last 2.5 years, but it is nice change. Hannah is SO excited for her baby brother. She talks about it every day, and practices holding babies with her baby dolls. It is funny, I am already finding with the second child, things are a little more relaxed, or I should say, I am more relaxed. With Hannah, everything had to be put together at least 6 weeks prior to her arrival "just in case". This time, with 3 weeks to go, diapers, wipes and onesies on hand, I feel prepared. A little less nesting, and little more chaos the second time around, however, I wouldn't have it any other way. It took a long time to realize that a perfectly clean, put together house isn't always a home. The toys on the floor, the hand drawn scribbled pictures on the fridge, and the laughter coming from a little 2 year old is what makes a home. We are looking forward to the chaos, the cuddles , the giggles, and the adventure that lies ahead of us. Stay tuned!!!

2 comments:

the dice family said...

The room looks great! Can't wait to meet Drew:)

The Jarrett Family said...

Yay!! I love the room! I'm so excited for you guys!