Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It's the little things....

Each day, Hannah is saying new things, funny things, as her personality comes to life. Each day, I can't wait to pick her up from school and hear about her day, as she is changing so quickly from one day to the next. And each day, Todd and I laugh, and laugh, at the little things she says and does, that truly bring the biggest smiles to our faces. She is at such a fun age right now, a stage I don't ever want to forget. I love watching her figure the world out, put her thoughts together, and watch her reactions to the new things she discovers day in and day out. Of course, all these little things that I try to document in her blog for her to read about on day, may only be special to Mom and Dad watching or hearing her for the first time, but none the less, they are things we don't want to forget. I promised myself to start writing more of these things down, while maybe only special to us, things I know I will cherish looking back on one day.

A few of my favorites lately....

Hannah in the back seat of the car leaving school and asks "Hey Mom, we going to Vegas Baby?" I was just in Las Vegas for work a few weeks ago and Todd taught her to say Vegas Baby... thus she thinks Vegas Baby is an actual destination.

After dinner tonight I got my purse and was heading out the door to go to Target to get a few things. I told Hannah I would be right back, that I was just going to Target real quick. Hannah says " Mom, you need MORE soap, and MORE paper towels?". I had to laugh, as I guess we do often buy a lot of paper towels and various types of soap.

And Todd's favorite for the day. I picked Hannah up from school, we got in the car, and headed to Dad's office building to pick him up. He gets into the car and you hear a little voice in the back seat "How was your day Daddy?". I think he might had melted.

And finally, I still laugh at a week or so ago, Todd was out of town, and I had been out of town the week before. Hannah and I were driving home from work/ school and I asked her what she wanted for dinner. She said "waffles". I thought, what the heck, sure, we can have waffles for dinner tonight. So I said "Ok Hannah, we will have waffles for dinner". Hannah shrieks with excitement barely able to contain herself. She says "Daddy says NO waffles, Mommy says YES waffles, YEAH!" I just starting laughing thinking I was just manipulated by a 2 year old.

Just a few of the simple things that make us laugh and smile each day, that make it all worth it.
How can you not smile at a 2 year old in the back seat of the car singing "Roxanne" on the way home from school. Too funny!

1 comment:

The Jarrett Family said...

What a comic! These are the best moments and will be funny to you guys forever!