Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good-bye 2008, We'll miss you!

It's New Year's Eve today, and I sit back  and take time to reflect on the year. I spent a large amount of time today reading through Hannah's blog in awe of how much she has changed over the last year. Where has the time gone? I look back at her pictures from this time last year and I feel like I barely remember her wobbly unsteady little walk, her sleepless nights ( maybe that it why I don't quite recall everything) and her cute little personality coming to life. This time last year Todd and I would drive home from work and always say the same thing. " I wish she could talk, I want to hear all about her day at school" or "I wonder what she is thinking about". Well, on the way home from school yesterday Hannah didn't stop talking. I finally heard that she played with her friend Luca at school and made rainbows, and what was she thinking... ? Well, after sitting in silence for a minute or two, she says "Mommy, Murphy has a tail".  I just sat back and laughed, and thought, well, yes... he sure does have a tail.  At that point I thought about how simple, innocent and pure the mind of a 2 year old really is. I could only wish my thoughts driving home from work was about Murphy having a tail. However, it is a good reminder to appreciate the simplicity of life, and leave the rest at work.

2008 has been a busy year for us.  We moved into a new home in the northwest suburbs of Minneapolis in July. We love it. We have been so happy in our new home. I never thought I wanted to leave the city, and now, I don't think I could ever go back to city living with a little one. The commute has been easy, we love the bigger yard, more room in the house, modern amenities and the beautiful and safe neighborhood.   We still haven't quite gotten the energy together to decorate, but we have our first piece of furniture being delivered next month, slowly we will get there.   We have a guest room waiting for visitors!

We look forward to 2009, and can only wish for health and happiness for our family and yours. We will spend our last night of 2008 as a family, playing, laughing, and maybe even watching a family movie together. We will start the New Year tomorrow with our closest friends Kim and Jason.. and or course Hannah's best friend Eleanor. We are so thankful we have wonderful families that love and support us even though they are so far away, and we are thankful for our friends in Minnesota that treat us more like family than friends. 

Happy New Year Everyone!! I look forward to building more memories with you in 2009!

No comments: