Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lake Independence




Today we went to Lake Independence and Baker's Regional Park by our house. Just a few miles down the road, we found our new favorite getaway. Surrounded by a beautiful lake, we enjoyed playing in the sand, climbing on jungle gyms ( fully equipped with a zip line), hiking along trails, and a watching the campers enjoy "camping life" .   Hannah loved the water and wanted to jump right in... we didn't bring swim suits since we didn't know what the expect, but next time we will. It is a beautiful huge park with 7 miles or running paths, and a gorgeous lake. There were a ton of families on the camp ground which looked like a lot of fun, and something I am sure we will be doing on day when Hannah gets a little older.  I am sure we will be back there quite a few times before the snow hits. And even though, I think I spotted a few good sledding hills :) 

No comments: