This guy, my rough tough adorable sweet little Drew... turned 6 this past week. He is a 6 year old soccer, baseball, football, basketball playing, swimming, running little boy. Others moms always told me how different boys were than girls when they would watch Hannah quietly playing with play-doh while their little boys were swinging from chandeliers during playdates. To those moms : you were so right, I should had never doubted you. And then I have a lot of of friends that only have two girls. Often I see them watch Drew and look at me saying " I can't image having a boy, I don't know how you do it". I generally respond with "having a little boy is awesome, I wouldn't have it any other way". And the way I do it - embrace it, have fun, and enjoy every minute of it.
Drew woke up on his birthday running down the stairs like christmas morning to yes - chips, the kid loves chips.. and a nerf gun, legos, headphones and army guys. He was thrilled and shooting nerf bullets before 7am.
Already wearing the under armour shirt from grandma and grandpa the minute he got it, here he is with his cake... camouflage cake. One his birthday evening we assumed we would go out to dinner and when we got home he was too busy playing and asked if Lila could come over to play nerf gun wars with he and Hannah and get takeout chinese so he would have more time to play. They built forts, ran around the house and had a ball. It was perfect and probably a lot more fun than keeping him still sitting at a restaurant.
So what is Drew like at 6 years old? Let me tell you, the kid is crazy. Good crazy, and bad crazy, but none the less, a crazy little kid. He doesn't stop moving, always moving - I mean running, jumping, hitting, bouncing, kicking, dancing, hitting kind of moving. It's exhausting watching him. But, that is what makes him who he is. He is hilarious, a completely hilarious little guy. He makes me laugh and everyone around him laugh every day. Drew will always find a way to be the center of attention, and it may not always be good attention, but he will be the center of it. He is not shy... nope, no shyness. He puts himself out there and how fun with it, and I admire him for it. I love this little guy, with his athleticism, sense of humor, energy and wit. Drew can go in a lot of different directions in life, and each day I pray it is in the right one :)
We love you little buddy, with all of our heart. We love your smile, your big heart, your crazy sense of humor and your wit. Don't change and always be you. Happy ugh Birthday!
XOXO
Mom, Dad, Hannah, Murphy and Lucy!
No comments:
Post a Comment